Hacking Macs and NDS

suchiru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm going to go to Japan in September. While I have two laptops my older crappy one that I mainly use for bittorrent is a PC and my other one that I actually use is a PowerBook 12". I really don't want to take two laptops to Japan as I'm going to be there for 10 months and keeping track of one is enough.

Having said that I was wondering if there is any flash card that has software for a mac or does not require software. If there is none does anyone know of any emulation software that I can use on my mac has USB support. I have already looked at "Q" based on Qemu for mac and it does not yet have USB support. Anyway, thanks for your help!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want a straight up mac client you are out of luck for I know of none, a couple of people attempted ports for various programs but never got far and there is some reverse engineering going on for newer clients but it is all early stage.

However a fair few newer cards write to memory cards as opposed to carts via linkers and various fun drivers so you should be able to use virtualPC. It is not ideal but it should work OK, multiple people have confirmed EZ4 Client works fine with VPC.
I have not looked at any of the other manufacturers programs though, hopefully someone else can enlighten you.

You might also see something for X86 based Macs at some point too.

suchiru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I got my PowerBook last November, and I'm kicking myself for not waiting for the Intel Macs. Of course back then there was no clue that Apple would do something like Bootcamp.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I use a PowerPC 15" Powerbook... I use Guest PC (http://www.lismoresystems.com/en/), I find it faster then virtualPC and features like drag and drop between desktops is great. I use it with Windows XP to patch and create savers (via EZ4 Client), then transfer then back to my desktop and just use the finder to do file transfers to and from the micro sd. I too am looking at getting an intel mac... a slight downgrade (in some sense) to a 13" MacBook... and when I do, my friend who has a 15" MacBook Pro has got his patcher (supercard) to work natively via Wine... that'd be sweet, better then bootcamp.

suchiru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll use VPC as I already have a copy, and use win 2000 so it will run a bit faster than XP. Well, thank you for everything, and more information will be greatly apriciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr