I Love You....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
which one do you like better, mac, or pc, not wich one you have but, what do you like more?? just curious
tongue.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This poll is a bad idea. We all know where it will lead.

And in the spirit of what I know to be the end result of this thread, I have this to say:

Windows XP Pro SP2 is the best OS on the market, bar none

babelfish

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mac:
+ Highly usable
+ Extremely sexy to look at
- Only runs on Apple hardware
- A bit pricey

Linux:
+ Very customizable
+ Also damn pretty if you use Compiz / Beryl
+ Free!!!
- Very customizable, ie confusing to noobies

Windows:
+ Large software library
- Crappy security
- Viruses up the wazoo
- People in Redmond are watching you...

That said, I've been happily using Linux for over two years now, and can't imagine going back to Winblows (oh yeah, I went there
biggrin.gif
). I've stuck with Fedora Core (now just Fedora) since version 3, although I've tried a few other distros as well (Ubuntu, Knoppix, DSL, Puppy, etc).

Still have WinXP installed though, just so I can use El Semi's CPS3 emulator to get my Street Fighter 3: Giant Attack on
happy.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac is way over priced and entirely proprietary, all the way down to its file system. Windows requires a ton of processes running non-stop that eat up your CPU just to get it to run. Linux is very confusing for anyone who doesn't have a lot of computing experience.

The fact is, if you are a regular user who just wants a computer to browse the internet, do word processing, and other simple tasks, Mac is the way to go.

If you are more of a gamer or power user, then Windows is your OS, period.

If you want complete customization of your computer and have a lot of experience with computers, Linux is your best bet.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who never had a problem with viruses with Windows? And that's including WinXP and Vista.. Ever heard of the term "anti-virus" ? It's nothing more than just an excuse. Hell, I'm happy with my PC, I can find all kinds of programs in no time and play all the games without a problem.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hardware firewall and low footprint software firewall. Never had a virus. I don't know what Windows haters all talk about, but they've not tried hard enough.

Windows XP Pro is very stable (never had a BSOD), obviously has the most software, people that get viruses deserve it because they are stupid (a little harsh?). Runs games better than anything else, do I need to go on? It's hardly a resource hog, and not slow in any sense of the word. My high-performance instalation has 19 processes running, and 86mb of ram being used. And it has all of the functionality of a fresh instalation, even more so.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I use Ubuntu for all of my needs. I use to do alot of gaming but, all I play is Soldat and that does me fine. I also found its faster then Windows

kaleida

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a happy user of Mac. I've been using it for years and I love it. It probably is not the best OS (which could be probably Linux) but in order to use lionux you really have to KNOW a lot of Stuff. Mac is, from my point of view, very handy for non experts on computers.

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't see the sense of this poll.

Linux is a OS not a hardware device. Linux can run on mac's and pc's.

why add a opperating system option to a hardware poll?

the poll should only be pc or mac.

if it was about OS's then yes linux would be involved.

i think someone needs to invest/read into linux and understand what the difference is between a hardware device and a OS is....lol.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going toward the dark side.....I turned my hardware firewall all the way up (gives me problems with DS homebrew, but I don't need a software firewall now) and am now using Vista x64. Modified heavily with vlite, it's faster than XP x86 (igames, apps launching, ect...)

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I use PC...but I want a Mac so badly!
I wish they weren't so expensive...My friend has a Mac Mini...that'll probably be my first Mac.

Gotta keep my hands out of my piggy bank for a while though!

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PC label is archaic these days. It dates back to the days where Windows-based systems ran on IBM-PC compatible computers. Eventually IBM dropped from the name.

Windows, OSX and Linux can all run on "PCs"

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
XP Pro on my laptop (gaming/work).
Kubuntu on my home desktop (server/storage/backup).
SuSE on my work desktop (novell stuff).

I had Mac OS X on my laptop too for a while, but I found myself hardly using it and needing more space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.