• Total voters

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knowing how quickly previous version of OS X get unsupported, I am going to have to buy it. Tiger without a doubt looks ALOT better but I'll put up with it until Susumu Yoshida brings out a Cats version for it
smile.gif

@bonemonkey - its uninformed morons like you that are bringing down the collective intelligence of these forums, please GTFO NAO.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
We're part of the Apple Developer Connection -- Apple will be sending us a copy for free.

Mind you, I'll only install it on my G5 at first, because I want to see if Rominator will be compatible with Leopard. If I install it on my Macbook Pro, and Rominator doesn't work, I'll be screwed in development until it's compatible, since I do all my programming on the laptop.

So in essence, yes, I will be installing Leopard -- It looks wonderful!

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the huge improvements, I don't see why I wouldn't. But like Hank I'm going to allow for a period of troubleshooting before I intrust it with my book.

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I wish I had a fast enough Mac to run Leopard! It looks sweet, Kinda want to find those "300 extras" and what they are.

At the moment Im stuck with lowly 10.2.8 (at least rominator works thx hank
smile.gif
)

I've been talking to DScratch Dev gorgill he's running 10.4+ on this powerbook G3 500 and its ok. So hopefully if I get a bit more RAM i'll be able to run 10.4 on my ibook G3 - 800.

But still no Leopard for me
frown.gif
its only runs on Mac's newer than the 2nd T-ibooks (or so I've read)

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
lolwut? Please elaborate on how its a "demo version"

he said almost like, which I'm guessing because it takes significant effort to run it as a normal desktop if you don't have the right hardware. I tried it once on my PC to see how it compared to my iBook and it lacked an ethernet driver for my chipset.

However, some people are using Darwin drivers and getting it to work that way, I haven't messed with it since I have a real Mac. It just seems like a pain to deal with since you can't update without a hacked version. To each his own though.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I can get it to work on my PC like Tiger then yes

Yeah but OS X86 is pretty much almost like a demo version of OS X, its only comparable on a really good machine. Still a novelty though
smile.gif
lolwut? Please elaborate on how its a "demo version"

lolwut? I mean it in the sense that its representative of the true Mac experience, though nice to have the freedom, get a Mac if you really want to see what OS X is like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1