BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just bought a macbook pro for college and i installed parallels for the windows programs. It works well, but when i went to to try the space cadet pinball (included with Windows XP in the games menu) there was a huge framerate slowdown. i dont know if there is a way i could fix this or not. I am an avid gamer and need my pc games. Im not trying to play anything like Crysis, just like some old stuff like Space invaders 3d and atari classics. Anyone help? thanks.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
No idea where your Parallels slowdowns come from (except a slight hunch that it may involve the difficulty of virtualizing 3D acceleration), but maybe you want to have a look at Wine to run these Windows applications? Darwine for Mac OS, to be more precise. I'm using the Linux version and it works quite well for my needs... I don't play any games, though.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stop the vm and goto edit>virtual machine...
From there you can change various settings of your vm. I prefer vmware's fusion since it can utilize both cores unlike parallels.

also, crossover is a great wine clone. crossover games is even better when it comes to running steam games.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could cheat and just setup bootcamp and install windows on another partition on your mac. It might make you feel dirty, but if you want to play windows based games it's a quick and easy solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.