Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
chao1212 said:
Gentlemen, gentlemen, both OSs are equally expensive. And being able to install it on 5 computers is not a valid reason. How many people will use that? Anyway, it's clear who the real winner here is:
LINUX

Linux... now THAT'S a system! There's only a handful of problems with it. There's like a zillion of Linuxes, they're more or less compatible, more or less being the key words, third-party support died a horrible death back in the nineties and most distros are over-complicated for a typical bread-eating user.

Don't get me wrong - it is a great OS. Its security and general performance is outstanding. Unfortunatelly, it's a typical OS for "working and networking", wheras Windows and OS X give you this "tiny bit more".

I'll have my kernel pre-compiled, thank you very much.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
and it's out...
downloading (slowly) as i type...

also, new mac mini and macbook air now available on apple store site

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I'm downloading it as well.

It's easy, I just told my parents that the upgrade cost 30 bucks. I've been saving money too, so I don't need to bitch and complain like OTHER people.

wink.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm tempted to try making a Hackintosh VM now... Will wait until Lion ISOs start getting into bittorrent sites (I'm already breaking the EULA and I'm sure as hell not gonna pay for something I'm only vaguely interested in)

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
I'm tempted to try making a Hackintosh VM now... Will wait until Lion ISOs start getting into bittorrent sites (I'm already breaking the EULA and I'm sure as hell not gonna pay for something I'm only vaguely interested in)
Look a little harder as I've found it.

Downloading as we speak as well
wink.gif

Time to stop messing with VM's and a make a real triple boot. Windows 7, OS X Lion, and Ubuntu. Okay here we go.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
Jamstruth said:

wink.gif

Time to stop messing with VM's and a make a real triple boot. Windows 7, OS X Lion, and Ubuntu. Okay here we go.
That's tempting but considering I've managed to break my Ubuntu install twice this week alone (this last one from trying to install GNOME 3... doing so well aren't I?)

THen again I've got a spare HDD in an external case sitting around...I'm sure there's a way to make that work and boot OSX off that.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Hakoda said:
Jamstruth said:

wink.gif

That's tempting but considering I've managed to break my Ubuntu install twice this week alone (this last one from trying to install GNOME 3... doing so well aren't I?)

THen again I've got a spare HDD in an external case sitting around...I'm sure there's a way to make that work and boot OSX off that.
You can easily boot OS X off that. Since you're not modifying any system partitions all should be well in terms of bootloaders; just make sure your BIOS can boot from the external HDD on command. I installed OS X on a separate HDD when I first started out to make sure my Windows partition remained intact.

Maybe we should have a Hackintosh subforum? Nah, not enough users for support. That's why we have InsanelyMac

EDIT: 1.0MB/s I consider that good for something that's only been seeding for 30 minutes
biggrin.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>.> I will be late to the Lion party.

I need to wait for my father to get home so I can put his credit card security code in. Since I qualify to get it free~

I TAKE THAT BACK. IT IS NOW DOWNLOADING.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs