Hardware Mac OS X El Capitan won't let me add files to my WBFS drive.

RayneXaion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried everything. Every angle, read every article, done every tutorial, used every program and nothing works. I've formatted my drive to Fat32, to NTFS, even to WBFS using USB Loader GX, and still most WBFS won't even recognize the drive. The WitGui app will read the drive after I format it using DiskUtility, but it only comes up as two partitions called (null) (Zero KB). I went out and bought a brand new 1TB Seagate drive to use, but it still comes up the same way as the other hard drive. I even attempted to format it to NTFS on Windows and then using that on my MacBook Pro, and no dice. I went to the 'terminal' on my mac and tried the code to enable NTFS readable command and still nothing. I also downloaded Paragon for OS X to use and that doesn't read the drive either. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or have any helpful information on this? Is it actually impossible to do this with OS X El Capitan?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try making a GParted live USB and use it to format the drive. It should be straight MBR/FAT32 for it to work with all homebrew and loaders. OS X likes to put hidden partitions on the drive like EFI reserved space.

RayneXaion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made the GParted live USB but it still comes up on my computer the same way in any of the WBFS apps I use. Always (null) (Zero KB) for some reason.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be the drive is bad, then. Can you initialize it and use it on your PC?

If you're trying to use WBFS as a partition type don't do that. It's not very reliable. Just use FAT32.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

RayneXaion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using an external hard drive, Seagate 1TB. It's brand new, I stopped using my old one cause it wasn't working on Mac but it worked fine when I use to have windows. I have it formatted in a FAT32 MBR, the Wii reads it, but none of the Mac programs work. I have a warranty on it so maybe I'll have it switched out for a new one but it is brand new, bought it last week.

RayneXaion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem is my PC is Windows XP and crashes regularly so it's not dependable, that's why I'm trying to use my Mac. I read a couple of times that I can put the ISO onto the FAT32 drive without using a WBFS transfer app. Is this true? Won't it not let me do this if the ISO is over 4GB?

Last edited by RayneXaion,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it won't fit if it's >4GB. You can also convert the ISO to wbfs files on the computer then just copy the files over to a /wbfs/ folder if the program itself is not recognizing the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended