(Mac) Gamepad Companion and my Afterglow XBOX 360 Controller

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Xarsah16, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Hey, all.

I had a basic question, and also a slight problem which I will mention.

I was able to finally correctly install my Afterglow 360 controller on my mac with TattieBogle and updating the controller list. I'm running OSX 10.7.3 (late 2011 Macbook Pro), and now my controller stays illuminated while plugged in.

I also have Gamepad Companion 3.1 installed so I can map the buttons on the controller to my computer. In Gamepad Companion, most of the buttons are labeled by number. i.e. Button #2, Button #3, etc. I have no idea which button in the GpC menu corresponds to which button on the controller. I've been looking for a list, but hell, X could be Button #8 and A could be Button #3, and I have no idea.

The other thing, is I'm not sure if I should be worried. I replugged my controller in, and I'll post back here in a minute after my computer reboots if it goes into a Kernel Panic again. I unplugged my controller and re-plugged it in after setting it up just to test it and see if it worked properly. It did. When I re-unplugged it, it sent my computer into a Kernel Panic. Not sure why, but I hope this doesn't really have any negative effects on my macbook...

EDIT: My computer did go into a Kernel Panic again when I unplugged the thing. Oh joy...

2. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

It's been 6 months and still no answer...

Bumping. Maybe someone can help?

EDIT: I THINK I FOUND A FIX!!
    https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/issues/376

One poster mentioned that "android file transfer and tattiebogle don't play nice." I'm thinking I need to uninstall AFT. I'll post back if I still have issues!