Hardware M92T36 chips - can anyone recommend a good supplier?

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently been sold some used, faulty M92T36 by a Chinese Ebay seller (the chips were advertised as new and working of course) I'm not going down that rabbit hole again. Can anyone recommend any reliable sellers of the M92T36 who sell fully working, brand new M92T36 chips? Preferably at a non-extortionate price too!

Thanks

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yup all of them shiny spanky new no evidence of pre use or anything . I did get same from ebay bought 2 and they had evidence of being removed from other device.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ps watch those bastid capacitors around that IC - they will come off very easy while working that part. I used lots of Kapton tape to isolate those parts from heating - thin cut tiny strips to section them off .

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ps watch those bastid capacitors around that IC - they will come off very easy while working that part. I used lots of Kapton tape to isolate those parts from heating - thin cut tiny strips to section them off .

No worries, I've got it down to a fine art now - I could almost swap out the chip in my sleep. :) (my first removals involved a few dislodged and lost passives though!).

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I just logged in to see if i could grab the seller they did something to the site had to pull a goat out of a nostril hair to get signed back in - and history wiped , was going to copy paste seller - but its gone the way of the dodo .

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. That's certainly expensive! Seems that sellers are capitalising on all of the faulty Switches with failed M92T36 chips.

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds about right.

I see that Rohm Semiconductor are the original manufacturer of the chip (apparently it also has a part number of BM92T17) - I wonder if it was fabricated especially for Nintendo? I ask this as there's no sign of it on Rohm's site. It makes me wonder if any of Rohm's Power Delivery Controller chips could be used instead as they are a lot cheaper and easier to obtain. Here's a list of their PDC's on Farnell's site for example:

https://uk.farnell.com/w/search/prl/results?brand=rohm&st=power+delivery+controller

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The M92T36 is the main power management chip, the cheaper and more easily available BQ24193 handles the battery side of things.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Agh have not had to replace the battery one as yet nor have i ordered any.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The dude i posted has tonnes of orders lots of feedback and sells the orig , for a price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.