M3Sakura Triple Boot for iTouch.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by OSW, Jul 18, 2008.

Jul 18, 2008

M3Sakura Triple Boot for iTouch. by OSW at 8:43 AM (1,956 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. OSW
    OP

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Clearly the triple boot package from the other topic doesnt work on iTouch.

boot.eng should be a hacked g6load.eng so that it boots m3sakura as the base loader.
    instead it is the default itouchDS loader (where all the other files become useless)

Some including me have compiled a proper boot.eng for M3Sakura, but we're having problems with english version (?), homebrew launching and the original m3real firmware booting (i think thats what ive encountered)

So in addition to boot.eng we need a defaulty/defaultx compiled for itouch.

Since rudolph took down all his blogs regarding this, i'm not sure if i have sufficient information and conversion packages to do this myself.

Can us iTouch users help each other towards building a proper version?

2. Kijof

Newcomer Kijof Advanced Member

Brazil
    I'm looking forward to a solution [​IMG]

3. Mr.Leb

Newcomer Mr.Leb Advanced Member

United States
    Being confined to the Japanese firmware is pretty annoying... I think I'll look for a way to load the M3 Real firmware on it's own. I'll keep my eyes peeled for this to be fixed, though.

4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    What do you mean? There already is a way. Just download the M3 Real firmware.

5. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Maybe you know something that we dont?

The triple boot works fine on the iTouch with M3 Real firmware below 3.8, anything above v3.7 no longer works.

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Whoops, I apologize. I totally missed the point of this entire thread. I just realized that this is for iTouchDS carts, not M3 Real carts [​IMG]

I noticed that it was Mr. Leb's first post, so I figured that he might be new to the whole flash cart thing. But apparently I'm the only n00b around here [​IMG] Sorry about that! I'll shut up now.

*Hides under a rock*

P.S: Welcome to GBAtemp, Mr. Leb!

*EDIT*
    I hope you guys find a solution to your problem!

7. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Don't go under the rock Densetsu3000, we need you out in the open!! [​IMG]

I was looking for the very same thing, if the Real firmware is bootable on the iTouchDS..It would make the cart much better..

8. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I'm able to get V3.9 to boot on my iTouch but it freezes when trying to load a ROM [​IMG]

9. tandao2002

Newcomer tandao2002 Newbie

United States
  10. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This was purposely done by the M3 Team as an unannounced feature. The ITouch DS is alot cheaper than the M3 Real/Sakura carts so they blocked running the better firmware.

11. Mr.Leb

Newcomer Mr.Leb Advanced Member

United States
    I've been using homebrew for a long time; been keeping up with the scene on Dcemu. I just recently got my iTouch from DealExtreme and I wanted to make it better than it already was.

I had been using a Games N Music and an EZ Flash 3 in 1 and I wanted to get the rumble and RAM working. Because I couldn't get homebrew to soft reset, I came looking for an alternative. I'm a lurker, so don't expect my post count to rise very often.

From what I've seen, I would be happy if I could get M3 Real firmware in English alone on my iTouch now. Could someone point me to a tutorial of some sorts? I've been looking and I haven't found anything about it.