Hacking M3real = slow menus?

h0rnytoad1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,

i bought an M3real in june and i've noticed latelly that its very slow and slugish to operate.
the system icons appear 1 at a time in the M3 menu, and the roms are listed slowly.
i have a microsdhc from Sandisk 4GB.

is this a firmware problem or a hardware problem ?

have you seen this before and anything can be done to fix it?

the only thing i can think of, is when i was trying out a bunch of files, i moved alot fo them back and forth, could this have done something ?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, try using Sakura firmware (you can find the link in my sig)..
If you don't want to use Sakura, your best shot would be to format your microSD, and use the last possible firmware!

Try something of this two suggestions, and report here what happened.

h0rnytoad1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried M3 DS Real v3.9 E30 and it didnt change much the speed

but M3 DS Real v3.8 E28 seems a little faster , a little.

if anyone knows if E29 and + have some slower code, it would be a good idea to figure out why.

is it safe to stick with E28 in this case?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, why not try Sakura?
Try it and see if it'll speed up the process....If it's slow and breaking..than it's something wrong with your cart..

But to answer your question, yes, why not....You can stick with the E28 if you're satisfied!

Reconnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have notice with the M3 Firmware if you keep adding games to the folder that it does seem to become sluggish and even games become buggy or not load ! I would have to wipe the card clean and then put the games back on the card add the new ones at that time. I have switched to using Sakura and it load a lot faster and smoother. also its easy to find game because it auto alphbetize the games at you add them Plus It saves the last 5 games you played on a quick launch which is really cool.

Darminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the M3Real is a garbage card in all actuality/reality. I 'nearly' just tossed my two in the garbage, but thanks to the sakura firmware, they have seen new light. In fact both have seen light as now they are my card of choice all thanx to a new firmware. Yes it is 'beta' but by far one of the finest firmware/gui you can use. It may be a bit 'buggy' still, but nothing i have noticed other than not being fully functional as of yet. When a full featured english version emerges, provided they dont change things that may ruin the experience (dont think they will), it will be the finest card/firmware you can get until of course Cyclo unveils their revamped firmware which i can assume will probably follow suit of the sakura, as it is awesome. They could pull the rabbit out of their hat tho with something totally new, but not sure what they could do to enhance what sakura has came up with... For now tho, i am loving the M3, but Cyclo is still the cadillac of card choices for over all features, user friendliness and more.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
until of course Cyclo unveils their revamped firmware which i can assume will probably follow suit of the sakura, as it is awesome. They could pull the rabbit out of their hat tho with something totally new, but not sure what they could do to enhance what sakura has came up with.
Actually, there is really a small chance they'll do that.....They aren't even aiming in that direction..
But to make it clear, they are improving Cyclos firmware, but there is one condition they insist...
new firmware MUST be compatible with all previously made skins for Cyclo.....So actually, they limited themselfs in the start..

And not to mention, Moonlight is the guy who worked on Sakura, nobody can actually reach his level of skill..Noone came even close with homebrew applications to his MoonShell!! This guy is almost unreachable (don't think I'm saying he's the best programmer in the World, but he sure is one of the best in NDS flashcarts)..
SO I really don't believe there will be a cart with firmware even near Sakura..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself