Hacking m3r and bleach darksouls

nipper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT. I have found a temp fix for this. so all those who have a m3r with 3.9b x firmware this will work i have tested it.

go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90078 download the tool kit for patching the hulk. it will have arm7.bin and dslazy.

then do the following steps takin form Noob_ninja82

What you need:
-DSLazy (or DSBuff)
-US version of Bleach 2nd
-JAP version of Bleach 2nd

1.) Load JAP Bleach into DSLazy and unpack.
2.) Once you see a window open, copy the file 'header.bin' (DO not copy the ARM7.bin, it is useless... I've tried), and then close the window.
3.) Load US Bleach into DSLazy and unpack.
4.) Copy 'header.bin' into unpacked folder.
5.) Take the arm7.bin that is included with the DSLazy application and copy it into the unpacked folder. (Note: its the one in the tool kit you downloaded for hulk)
6.) Pack folder into a new name (or same name, different folder) and load into your card.

i have tested it on my m3r 3.9b x and it does work.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
We ran a test with this game already. And it did have some issue with the save file. We are already working on fixing it.

Thanks

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update, g6team! It'll be nice to not have to worry about carrying my actual cartridge around and being able to back it up to my microSD like all my other games
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nipper said:
i did a search and its no where to be found. my save file on my m3r keeps geting crupt for bleach dark souls. i do own the game i dumped it my self and even tryed the one for download from a nameless source. still same. anyone have this prob and fixed it. i do have neweist firmware and surka disent even work so i cant try it.
Well, the good news is you don't need to stress, as you own the official game and can happily play it / save it, whilst apparently no M3Real owners can
rolleyes.gif

Secondly, "surka disent even work" = M3Sakura, presumably.....are you saying the rom doesn't load in M3Sakura, or you can't get the firmware to work on your M3Real? I have the Triple Boot loaded on mine and I do know the game loads in all 3 firmwares, but haven't played it yet to any extent to confirm if there's a save problem.

nipper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i figured why it dident work it was fat16 and it needed to be fat32 but even so it dosent load in the newest english version out

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: This post is obsolete, I screwed up somewhere. Follow the instructions exactly as in the original post and it will work

The fix didn't work for me at all (it caused the 'save data cannot be accessed' error), but it may just be a bad arm7 file that I had. But it makes sense that changing the header would break Wi-Fi play I guess, as the copies of the game won't see each other as the same, I guess?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
carterman said:
The fix didn't work for me at all (it caused the 'save data cannot be accessed' error), but it may just be a bad arm7 file that I had. But it makes sense that changing the header would break Wi-Fi play I guess, as the copies of the game won't see each other as the same, I guess?
that sounds as if you used the arm7 from the japanese version.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: As edited earlier, I'm an idiot, this is all apparently error on my part, please disregard. But I'm not going to delete everything just to make myself look good, either
tongue.gif

thedicemaster said:
carterman said:
that sounds as if you used the arm7 from the japanese version.

Nah, it was some arm7.bin that I got from post 130 in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57788&st=120

MD5 checksum on the file is BC6243CBA08D11CCB20F6878DD675B75

Another arm7.bin that I know works on a game I had to arm7 fix with an MD5 of 90565FB708233D59864ACF946E84EB2E doesn't work either.

And finally, using the exact arm7.bin I got from the original post didn't work either on M3 Sakura. About to test on the actual M3 Real firmware...

...and it didn't work. Basically, I don't know what's up, but either it doesn't like me or it's a YMMV thing per user

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that was the one I ended up using. What's the MD5 checksum on your finished rom, anyway? Mine is C8D12A0FE06BFB7E20E6EE33DA885FCC

Program to check MD5 checksums if you need it: http://rapidshare.com/files/153490823/MD5.exe.html

EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot, I screwed up somewhere. Got the game working and loading (or maybe using dsbuff instead of dslazy did something?) - MD5 checksum F1AE8FCA4F072D307D2F392A38016E15 for the working file.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is obsolete now, as of M3 Real 4.0, Bleach Dark Souls reads and saves just fine (Sakura doesn't work completely yet, though, so it's not entirely obsolete, I guess).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.