Hacking m3lite user asking help for the R4

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*****New Question*****

I just got the R4. Like with the m3lite, I suppose the provided software is outdated, so I downloaded the new Firmware (1.1).

Question: Do I just drag all the files in the English-1.11 folder onto my MicroSD card?

Also, I downloaded a trimmer, I suppose it has the same functions as the trimming for the m3.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm currently using the m3lite.

My little cousin wanted to buy one too, but didn't need GBA functions, thus I ordered an R4 for him.

Now, my question is: is the setup of the flashing hardware the same for the m3lite and the R4?

i.e. for the m3lite you need to format the MicroSD card, then add the newest firmware in the root folder, then insert games in the MicroSD card with the Game Manager program with specific settings (i.e. Software Reset, 4X, Force, Trim) from this site "http://m3wiki.com/index.php/M3_NDS_roms#ROM_Index". Then boot the DS system, upgrade the firmware, and start playing.

Are the steps to set up the R4 exactly the same as for the m3lite?
(since I heard that M3 and R4 are basically the same company)

If so, good, I can tell my cousin how it works with ease. If not, what are the differences in setting up the R4?

Also, what should I know in advance about the R4 that differs from the m3lite?

Thanks alot in advance.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
With the R4, you just stick the firmware on the card. It doesn't have to load anything (like the press A to update type thing on M3 Lite).

The R4 is much easier to use than an M3 Lite, as the games do not require patching. You can just copy and paste them straight to the SD card.

The similarities between R4 and M3 apply to the M3 Simply, not the M3 Lite.

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply Samutz.

So, it is even easier than my m3lite, especially since it doesn't even need patching.

I won't need to learn anything new then.

Thanks again.

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got the R4. Like with the m3lite, I suppose the provided software is outdated, so I downloaded the new Firmware (1.1).

Question: Do I just drag all the files in the English-1.11 folder onto my MicroSD card?

Also, I downloaded a trimmer, I suppose it has the same functions as the trimming for the m3.

Thanks in advance.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, just copy the files to the root (in no directory) to your MicroSD card. The trimming is the same as the Trim Rom option in the M3 Game Manager.

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, just copy the files to the root (in no directory) to your MicroSD card. The trimming is the same as the Trim Rom option in the M3 Game Manager.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup