Hacking M3Kaura 0.9 Beta 1 v3 replaced TP with R4RTS

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
M3Sakura System with 2.1 Boot Menu Ver0.9 Beta1 Modified v3

1. Sakura 1.46 2nd edition game engine, ignore the 1.44 when Sakura is loading, the # means nothing
2. replaced Touchpod with R4RTS v2.6f English (credit goes to Xenon++ for the patch files that make this possible)
3. replaced English fonts to make the Internal Rom Names more fittable in the big boxes and Japanese,Chinese names viewable instead of all ????????
4. includes the CP1251 font folder to display&corrected the translation into Russian , uploaded by mc_B3oWoLF's M3Kaura 0.9 Beta 1 Rus
5. includes the Portuguese language (credit goes to amaro and mc_B3oWoLF), and edited Spanish, French language files by mc_B3oWoLF
6. newest cheat_eng.db and usrcheat.dat from Gbatemp
7. removed Moonshell2 from R4iRTS to save 20+mb of zipped space
8. added R4iRTS icon (made by amaro) in place of Touchpod icon in System Boot menu

Download

Warning: Kaura is known to corrupt Save Files that is in lowercase *.sav, backup all your save files to your pc to ensure safety, then rename all your *.sav files in your micrSD to upper case *.SAV. An easier way to do that is to create a simple batch file

1. Open Notepad and type the following:
ren *.sav *.SAV

2. Save the file as a batch file by clicking on File>Save As..>Save as type: All Files (*.*)> (type in a filename with the extension .bat) sav2SAV.bat, click Save

3. copy the sav2SAV.bat file to your microSD that has the *.sav save files in it and double click on sav2SAV.bat to convert all *.sav files to *.SAV

or

to prevent Kaura from corrupting newer game saves, run the game once in Kaura and let it create a *.SAV save file before running the game on other firmwares

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks dsrules.
Grabbing it now and will give it a 'burl'. BTW, what would it take to incorporate MShell into this? Is it purely a matter of grabbing the final version and dropping those files onto root of msd?

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think so.. or grab the exe version and it'll install it for you?
I haven't install moonshell2 for a long time, so not quite remember how it goes

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lust confirming: Kaura screen is plain white background. Top screen has faintly coloured calendar, bottom screen has (top to bottom) empty long box, M3Sakura next to Touchpod box, empty long box, backlight & screwdriver icon (leads to screen with skin, boot menu, languages - don't do anything?).
Touchpod box loads R4 RTS.
Back to Kaura selected with X or Y from within Sakura gives me white screens. Where's the iTouch FW loaded from?

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Back to Kaura selected with X or Y from within Sakura gives me white screens. Where's the iTouch FW loaded from?

Read 6. in the 1st post
there is no iTouch in the file, it only contains Kaura, Sakura 1.4x and R4iRTS

you might want to grab the quad boot or hex boot if you want more firmwares on it
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205001

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have an idea for a true Quad-Boot, using iSakuReal (running the latest Sakura Game Engine) Touchpod, iTouch, and R4i RTS. I have it all set up right now on my computer if you think I should put that up

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
then you are gonna lose the Sakura 1.4x and Kaura
it's best if you use this
http://filetrip.net/f9897-How-to-make-m3sa...-1-4x-1-0a.html
1.0a Update 3/5/2010:
updated instructions on how to use m3sakura.nds to boot to Sakura 1.12+, Itouch, Touchpod in Kaura . all 6 firmwares in 1 menu (in Kaura choose misakura.nds and push Y to add it to the bottom box in the Main Menu) Top Box = NDS Game, Left box = Sakura 1.4x, Right Box = R4iRTS, Bottom Box = Sakura 1.12+, Touchpod, and iTouch.

or boot to R4iRTS using Sakura 1.12+ and leave room for a 7th firmware (if there's any) for the the right box
or use Sakura 1.12+ on the right box and use it to boot to iTouch, Touchpod, R4iRTS

and use Xenon++'s new files to switch between firmwares

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsrules said:
Dark^'^Knight said:

Read 6. in the 1st post
there is no iTouch in the file, it only contains Kaura, Sakura 1.4x and R4iRTS

you might want to grab the quad boot or hex boot if you want more firmwares on it
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205001
Scrub the point about iTouch...don't know what I was thinking there - I added it to the list of things I couldn't work out. Sakura/R4 RTS combo is probably more appealing than Sakura/Touchpod, but I certainly do not see any need for additional FWs.
Would anyone care to elaborate on my other points of concern? ie. Back to Kaura (btw, why doesn't load screen state Kaura? or is the skin/interface possibly being refined for non-beta release?). What is the "tool" setting icon for? Should anything appear in the top & bottom boxes of Kaura screen?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsrules said:
then you are gonna lose the Sakura 1.4x and Kaura
it's best if you use this
http://filetrip.net/f9897-How-to-make-m3sa...-1-4x-1-0a.html
1.0a Update 3/5/2010:
updated instructions on how to use m3sakura.nds to boot to Sakura 1.12+, Itouch, Touchpod in Kaura . all 6 firmwares in 1 menu (in Kaura choose misakura.nds and push Y to add it to the bottom box in the Main Menu) Top Box = NDS Game, Left box = Sakura 1.4x, Right Box = R4iRTS, Bottom Box = Sakura 1.12+, Touchpod, and iTouch.

or boot to R4iRTS using Sakura 1.12+ and leave room for a 7th firmware (if there's any) for the the right box
or use Sakura 1.12+ on the right box and use it to boot to iTouch, Touchpod, R4iRTS

and use Xenon++'s new files to switch between firmwares
Alright, I was throwing that in there as a suggestion as what could be said as a true Quad-Boot since it really has 4 firmwares and not like 5 or 6

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Would anyone care to elaborate on my other points of concern? ie. Back to Kaura (btw, why doesn't load screen state Kaura? or is the skin/interface possibly being refined for non-beta release?). What is the "tool" setting icon for? Should anything appear in the top & bottom boxes of Kaura screen?
Back to Kaura is just an optional file and it requires a GBA Expansion Pack for it to work. Like if you set the Default boot up firmware to be Sakura and you want to go back to the Kaura Menu without turning off the DS. you just run the file in Sakura then hold A.

Gameguy1522 made a Kaura video, it shows some of the functions of Kaura

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to Sakura 1.46 2nd edition and R4iRTS v2.6f English. This is probably my last update.
Instructions on how to update the firmwares are included.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
amaro said:
Thank you Sir! just do not understand why it is the last update. You're tired and you will leave the scene?
no, it's just that I've already post all the informations and patch files on how to update the firmwares
so, I think now everybody has the ability to update the firmwares on their own

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Back to Kaura is just an optional file and it requires a GBA Expansion Pack for it to work. Like if you set the Default boot up firmware to be Sakura and you want to go back to the Kaura Menu without turning off the DS. you just run the file in Sakura then hold A.

Gameguy1522 made a Kaura video, it shows some of the functions of Kaura

Can't you technically goto any firmware now in Sakura 1.44x with Xenon++'s NDS files in the _system_ folder?

Just as note, Gameguy1522 is my youtube profile, so if you see any like reviews or other videos from that account it's me.

Oh and nice idea for creating a batch file to rename all the saves, but I still don't think that renaming the saves if full proof.

(also, a little off topic but I was thinking that the buttons on the main menu of Kaura are probably 99% embedded in something like loader.eng, because if you remember the normal Sakura/Touchpod has those images too but no .skn files...)

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm, not really a fan of this...seems to be as buggy as hell.
@dsrules, the updated files you uploaded seem to be incomplete - ds_menu.sys & back to kaura not in the package - anything else?). The R4 RTS doesn't want to load for me, so I reverted back to the prior one.

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Hmmm, not really a fan of this...seems to be as buggy as hell.
@dsrules, the updated files you uploaded seem to be incomplete - ds_menu.sys & back to kaura not in the package - anything else?). The R4 RTS doesn't want to load for me, so I reverted back to the prior one.
To me it works well. Probably the file ds_menu.sys is not necessary. Back to kaura, install the previous. Are you sure that you have to format the card!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1