Hacking M3I0 not playing roms., showing static.

herjos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the system and core files found in the second and third listing on http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

When I go to the games page, I see the name with a square of white noise next to them. I copied them over to a folder in the M3 sd card named NDS with the game manager software and all roms I have tried have this problem. Ive tried messing with the settings a bit and using th recommended ones on the m3wiki site but cannot get anything to work. They go to the now loading screen with the engadget logo and stop.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Game manger? I think that might be the problem, just copy over the clean roms and see what happens then.
EDIT: The game manger is the problem, as far as i know of M3i Zero or really any M3 (Simply and up) just use clean roms and no longer need to use Game Manger, if you are using the M3 Game Manger, that's for Slot-2 cards like M3 Lite, it will not work with M3 Real (as far as I know of, I've never gotten it to work.) So just don't use the Game Manger and just place the clean (or trimmed roms) into the NDS folder.

herjos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried copying directly to the SD card and the rom I copied is working perfectly. Don't I need to use the game manager to have working save files and such?
smile.gif

Sorry, I just got the ds and flash cart this week to cure a case of boredom.

EDIT: Thats great news. Thought I borked something already. How can I import a sav file into the game then? just copying it?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
herjos said:
I just tried copying directly to the SD card and the rom I copied is working perfectly. Don't I need to use the game manager to have working save files and such?
smile.gif

Sorry, I just got the ds and flash cart this week to cure a case of boredom.
You don't need the game manger anymore, that's only for slot 2 flashcards
M3 makes it's own sav files as well and works just fine.
EDIT: And to your question, just put the sav file right into the same file as the games

herjos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Guys. That answers all my questions for now.
smile.gif
Now to get that ds2key app to work so I can wow from the couch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.