Hacking M3i Zero vs Acekard 2i

kaboom987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I know, I updated to 1.4 without reading...
So now Im buying a new flash cart cuz the ppl at r4i-sdhc are slow and I dont think theyll ever make a fix.
Anyways, Which cart should i buy thats updatable and compatible with 1.4 and other versions that may arise?
M3i Zero vs Acekard 2i

If you suggest another one please feel free to say so,

Thanks I appreciate your time!

------

Oh and this is the site I buy from, its recommended btw.
www.dragonds.com

If its not there I cant buyit
frown.gif

anyways off topic,

Thanks again.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i would go with the acekard2i, great reliability and AKAIO has great updates and such. But remember you need access to a DSL or DS to update your ak2i once you get it. And wait why cant you buy one anywhere else?

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaboom987 said:
Yea, I know, I updated to 1.4 without reading...
So now Im buying a new flash cart cuz the ppl at r4i-sdhc are slow and I dont think theyll ever make a fix.
Anyways, Which cart should i buy thats updatable and compatible with 1.4 and other versions that may arise?
M3i Zero vs Acekard 2i

If you suggest another one please feel free to say so,

Thanks I appreciate your time!

------

Oh and this is the site I buy from, its recommended btw.
www.dragonds.com

If its not there I cant buyit
frown.gif

anyways off topic,

Thanks again.
i was considering to get an M3i zero, but then people said i should get an AK2i cause its easier and had the same amount of functions as M3i Zero, and it can use the AKAIO firmware. I got it but my usb is broken, but i would say that the AK2i is good

kaboom987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I prefer it, Ive used it many times and it has paypal so i find it more secure.
Personal preferance really.

Oh and emulation (gba,genesis etc..) is supported on all of them right??

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
theres already a thread about the exact same thing
but anyways i prefer ak more, jhust cuz its really fast and all app, games and homebrew are really easy to access
even tho sakura is amazing akaio appeals to me more

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Be aware that M3i zero can update through your pc (USB port). So it can fix future updates that you'll make by mistke. That's the big positive for M3i zero. Anyway i saw both cards and both are great. AK2i is cheap from the other hand

kaboom987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So by going with the comments the Acekard is the way to go.
I might wait to tommorrow and see what mor epeople have to say,l but Im pretty sold on the AK2i.

Btw whats this akaio for the AK2i??
Im gunna be a new acekard user, I think I should know what that is ;/ LOL

I love the simplicity of the r4 clones, but their teams arent reliable.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
The Ez flash with the 2.0 firmware is quite nice, and is kinda like sakura with out video or movies, but it boots as fast if not faster then the m3.
I will say this thought it cheat set up isnt as good as the m3 but homebrew is far more compatible.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well ak has amazing homebrew compatibility with akaio
but if u want m3 u can get the dual loader and if u want to run homebrew then just choose touch pod firmware since it has better compatibility than sakura

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would go with which ever you preferr they both have good teams supporting it because i woundered the same thing and the m3i is what im gonna get because i dont understand akiao and that stuff but if you on a budget then get the cheaper on because there both the 2 best flash cards for dsi to date and both updatble just ak2i is kinda a pain if youve updated already

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but get the ak2i if your on a budget with only a certain amount you wanna spend in the long run i would go m3i zero because its not a pain in the ass but and for homebrew use touchpod but hey flach cards arnt for homebrew there more in my opnion for playing backed up ds gaes sure homebrew is cool and all but i like playing free games more

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I've been told that the best is the M3i Zero, so I'm on it, but now I'm seeing that here everyone goes more for the AceKard2i, although what is that

QUOTE said:
...But remember you need access to a DSL or DS to update your ak2i once you get it...

...?? cause I don't even have my DSi yet, I'm about to...!!

kaboom987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help guys, feel free to keep on discussing. But I think Im gunna pick up a acekard 2i
Still waiting until tommorrow.

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
honestly, buy both. As the dsi does get updates, the best way to get updates quickly is to get both carts. It's not expensive if you get them from the right sites, that's what i'm doing now. I already got my m3i 0 and the acekard2i is in the mail, i'll be getting it soon.
However, after dealing with my friends acekard2i, I prefer the m3i 0, it has better updating capabilities, so it's more likely that it will be more useful in the future.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Well I've been told that the best is the M3i Zero, so I'm on it, but now I'm seeing that here everyone goes more for the AceKard2i, although what is that

QUOTE said:
...But remember you need access to a DSL or DS to update your ak2i once you get it...

...?? cause I don't even have my DSi yet, I'm about to...!!
Dll newer models of the dsi have 1.4 on it now. If you dont have access to a 1.3 or lower dsi or a ds or ds lite, you cannot update your ak2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then