Hacking M3i Zero - Time to move on?

Dakdas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First it was Super Scribblenauts that didn't work. Then the new Mario vs Donkey Kong. And now it's 999. No foreseeable AP patches and/or firmware updates in the near future. And to top it all off, I apparently have one of the new gimped models that can't run the spiffy new firmwares.

I suppose it's time to start thinking of jumping ship? It was a fine card that did the job perfectly for many months. But it's looking like things aren't going to change, and this card is becoming more and more obsolete. I might just splurge and get a Supercard or something.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay? If you're card can't get the new firmwares... then yes.

DSTWO is $35.00 at shoptemp which is the best card available.

Or a cheaper option is the Acekard 2i which plays all the newest games, just lacks some of the features the DSTWO has, and it's only $15.00.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Incoming copy-paste.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
  • Price: $6 from shoptemp.com
  • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $16 from shoptemp.com
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • AP Bypass
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

If you don't like referral links, the non-ref versions are here.
R4
Acekard 2i
Supercard DSTwo

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No, I've explained before that the 2i's AP bypass is NOT the same thing as the DSTwo's. I got this info from Normmatt himself on his forums.

The AP that option bypasses is the new "generic AP we'll stick on every game" Nintendo came up with, that's why it's working on all the new titles. It currently breaks single-cart download-play, that's why it's optional (so you can turn it off in order to use that feature), future AKAIO versions will not have the APP option on the screen because it'll be integrated.

It's nothing special, it's just a new line of AP bypasses like everything else, they just happened to nip it in the bud early.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
I've moved to AK2i about a year ago from M3i Zero..

Acekard is not a cheaper option. It's a better option than DSTwo.

DSTWo: 4 Patches in the past days, three patches only about one game - which is still not working for a lot of users.

FAIL.

Akaio = reaearch = best option for gamers

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Etalon said:
I've moved to AK2i about a year ago.

DSTWo: 4 Patches in the past days, three patches only about one game - which is still not working.

FAIL.

Dude every game works on the dstwo,i dont know what are you talking about? when a game is released the dstwo doesnt need patches after all,but the owners of acekard and others get affected by AP and start crying for a patch,dstwo is the best option

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can someone be a flashcard fanboy? is that even normal? wtf is the internet coming to lol

and as for the whole M3 thing....yeah i think it is i plan on getting me a DSTWO soon, im tired of buggy 3rd party firmwares and having to wait so long for the m3 team to update sakura...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rydian said:
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
how can someone be a flashcard fanboy? is that even normal? wtf is the internet coming to lol
Same fanboy thing as everything else. Whatever you have is better than what somebody else has.

Well. Some things are actually better than others. And don't require four patches for a single game.
moogle.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
goncalodoom said:
Etalon said:
I've moved to AK2i about a year ago.

DSTWo: 4 Patches in the past days, three patches only about one game - which is still not working.

FAIL.

Dude every game works on the dstwo,i dont know what are you talking about? when a game is released the dstwo doesnt need patches after all,but the owners of acekard and others get affected by AP and start crying for a patch,dstwo is the best option

Not since AKAIO 1.8 came out. And that was only because before that release, A LOT of good games were coming out. It's natural for anybody with ANY card to be like that.

1 patch for the circus game.

3 patches now for Mario Vs Donkey Kong:

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-7599-1-1.html

---and still not working for a lot of users.

Supercard = Failcard 2010. Then you can stick with M3i. lol.

Edit - Oh. They just published a fourth patch for Mario Vs Donkey Kong right no

Right, but the game IS working for A LOT of users. Clearly this game had fucked up AP. And FYI, some users of Acekard even had trouble with it. So your point is invalid. Also, you're pointing out like.. ONE game that is having trouble. Still sounds like a pretty good track record if you ask me.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Etalon said:
1 patch for the circus game.

3 patches now for Mario Vs Donkey Kong:

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-7599-1-1.html

---and still not working for a lot of users.

Supercard = Failcard 2010. Then you can stick with M3i. lol.

Edit - Oh. They just published a fourth patch for Mario Vs Donkey Kong right now...
its not working for some users cause their Microsd are shit,it works perfectly for me.i own a Supercard DSTWO,Acekard2i,M3DSreal,R4sdhc, And a DSTTi,i dont come here saying one rules or not,but the simple fact is that the DSTWO is the best flashcart cause of its features,compatibility and take your FAIL with you

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
how can someone be a flashcard fanboy? is that even normal? wtf is the internet coming to lolSame fanboy thing as everything else. Whatever you have is better than what somebody else has.

yeah, i didn't expect to see it on ds flashcarts though, that's just weird...

Etalon said:
Rydian said:
QUOTE(DeadlyAnGeL91792 @ Nov 23 2010, 04:04 AM)
Same fanboy thing as everything else. Whatever you have is better than what somebody else has.

Well. Some things are actually better than others. And don't require four patches for a single game.
moogle.gif

im not trying to be a prick but...you do realize the dstwo hasn't needed a single patch for ANY games at all except 2...so by your logic that makes it better then the acekard...by your logic of course, just saying.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
No, it's not invalid. If an Akaio User had problems with the game, that was because the low speed of the mSD card. That user would have had problems with other AP games as well.

But Team Supercard obviously never checked at which speed a mSD works at DSTwo and their CPU. Untill now. lol.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
5 patches in the past days!

Better get a DSTT, Mario Vs Donkey Kong works better on DSTT! lol.

Supercard = Failcard 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone