Hacking M3i-Zero on DSi XL?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,369
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello all, sorry in advance if this was already covered, the search function didn't appreciate the short search terms ^^;

Today I traded in my DSi and my gf's DSlite for two DSi XLs. I had read a while ago that the M3i's were reported as
working on the new hardware, so I wasn't worried about that at all.

So, I'm a little disappointed to find that neither of our DSi XLs will read either of our M3i's
frown.gif

Was there a firmware update after the firmware 1.4 patch, or something else that I need to do to restore functionality?

Thanks in advance!

--X'estrix

D

Deleted User

OP
I've flashed mine to 1.4 already, as I had been running it fine on my up-to-date DSi until I traded it in today. Thanks though.

D

Deleted User

OP
So, am I just SOL? Or is this a new hardware that's incompatible? I just bought them yesterday :/

zeno16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSi XL shouldn't have any other new hardware compared to the DSi, what kind of error does it give you. Does the units read any other cartridges

D

Deleted User

OP
No error, it simply shows that there is not cartridge inserted when either M3i is in the cart slot.

Both M3i's were working fine on the DSi and DSlite yesterday, but neither will work on either XL.

S

sumarth

OP
ok .. the problem is connection issues ... try the paper trick ... does it flash the danny phantom thing for a sec when you put it in?

the m3 is definitely compatible with the xl, so thats not your problem

D

Deleted User

OP
omg... Haha, thanks guys, I'm back in business!

I had figured that if it made contact with the DSi, then my chip was probably okay without the paper trick on any hardware ^^;

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see that you're back in business! You are using an M3i Zero, right?

Get yourself an Acekard 2i soon, just as a recommendation. It's 11 dollars with the discount at the ShopTemp forums!

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, 2 M3i Zero's atm, was planning on waiting for the SuperCard DSTWO for GBA emulation.

Never had any issues with my M3i's from the first day until now. That and I love the Sakura firmware
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off