M3i Zero freezes on start up with (M21) + (M63)

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by j_cocker, Feb 17, 2010.

Feb 17, 2010
  1. j_cocker
    OP

Newcomer j_cocker Newbie

United States
    I have been using M3 Sakura v1.45 + TouchPod v4.7d for a while with out a problem with my NDSi + 8GB Kingston card.

Yesterday I tried to upgrade to M3 Sakura v1.45X 5th Edition (M21) + TouchPod v4.7fX (M63), downloaded from this website. Upon booting I chose Sakura on the first screen, and the clicked "no not show this screen again" on the next screen. When I clicked OK the top screen turned black, and everything froze. When I booted it up again (i.e. turned the DSi off and on again) I experienced the same thing as soon as the disk checker completed its operation.

Things that I tried so far:

- Low level formatting to the SD card, then re-installing the System folder again. Result as above..
    - Formatting and re-installing v1.47d again - everything works fine.

Any idea to to get around this?

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Does the disk check finish 100%? If not, you may have to disable it.

There's also a "black screen fix," though I'm not sure it's the same black screen problem you're experiencing. You can try holding the A button down when turning on the DS until you get the dual-boot selection screen. Select Sakura again and see if that fixes your problem.

If all else fails, you should try booting into Sakura with just the SYSTEM folder on your card, and nothing else (move all your ROMs and files off the card and onto your computer). If it boots correctly, then it means that one of your other files is causing the problem.

3. j_cocker
    OP

Newcomer j_cocker Newbie

United States
    Done that too, no luck...

Any more ideas anyone?

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I suggest you still try and disable it, it may be that it says 100% but it's actually freezing at one file.

5. paul26982

Newcomer paul26982 Newbie

United Kingdom
    i have exactly the same problem same setup, i thought maybe i needed new software on the mem card as it might be corrupt, yet to download some new, a link would be nice, ill try tomorow whats suggested to see if mine works, pleased its not just me its happening too

6. j_cocker
    OP

Newcomer j_cocker Newbie

United States
    Managed to solve my problem!

I simply formatted the card first using the direct DOS command rather than using Win XP format command (i.e. right click on the drive letter and choosing Format).

To be more specific (for XP users):

- click 'Start' -> 'Run'
    - Type 'cmd' and click 'Ok'
    - In the new window that opens type 'format X /FS:FAT32' and press Enter (X is the letter assigned to the sd card by XP)

Once the formatting is completed copy the system folder over and everything should (hopefully) work.

7. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    This is probably why it's better to use the Panasonic SD Formatter or the HDD Low-Level Format Tool, as opposed to formatting through Windows. For some reason I had assumed that you had tried them already, which is why I didn't suggest it in the first place. I should've mentioned it before, it might have saved you some trouble.

But I'm glad to hear that you got it working [​IMG]

8. j_cocker
    OP

Newcomer j_cocker Newbie

United States
    I DID use the 'HDD Low-Level Format Tool'. Unfortunately once completed I then formatted it using Windows format...