Hacking M3i Zero Complete Guide

Haxorking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
================================================================================
Installation/Setup
================================================================================
1) Download the required files from here
This is a pre-configured compilation of all of the separate parts of the M3i system including:
- F_CORE.DAT file (Used to update the M3i firmware)
- System files
- Moonshell
- PDA
- Custom Skins

2) Insert your Micro SD/SDHC (Not included in the M3i Zero bundle) card into your T-Flash Card Reader (Included in the M3i Zero bundle) and insert the T-Flash Card Reader into a open USB port on your computer.

3) Locate the drive the drive in the My Computer folder, right click it, and select Format. The M3i Zero supports both FAT16 and FAT32 file systems however unless you know the difference and have a specific reason to use FAT16, I would recommend setting the system file to FAT32. In the Volume Label section enter "M3i Zero" and press start. This may require some time depending on your Micro SD/SDHC card, please be patient and allow it to format properly.

4) Extract the M3i.rar folder downloaded in step 1 using winrar (Which can be downloaded here) and copy it's contents directly to your Micro SD/SDHC card. Do not copy the M3i folder itself, only place the contents of the M3i folder on to the Micro SD/SDHC card.

5) Remove the Micro SD/SDHC card from the the T-Flash Card Reader and insert it into the M3i Zero adapter. The insert slot is located on the left side of the adapter with the label facing you. The Micro SD/SDHC clicks in and clicks out of the M3i Adapter, please ensure it has completely clicked in to the adapter. Insert the M3i Power Adapter (Included in the M3i Zero bundle) into the M3i Zero card. The slot for the power adapter is located on the right side of the M3i Adapter with the label facing you. The arrows on the power adapter are inserted facing toward the back of the M3i adapter. Plug the power adapter into an open USB port on the computer, a light on the back of the M3i Zero Adapter will begin to flash, allow the card a few minutes to update, you will know the the update is complete when the light has stopped flashing for 30 seconds.

5) You may now connect your Micro SD/SDHC card to the computer again (As you did in step 2) and place your media on to the card.
- Nintendo DS games are to be placed in the NDS folder
- Music is to be placed in the My Music folder (Will play .jpeg and .bmp files, possibly others but I haven't tested them)
- Video is to be place in the My Video folder (Will play only .dsv files only)
- Text files are to be placed in the My Ebook folder (Will read .txt files only)
You may also delete the F_CORE.DAT file as it will no longer be needed

6) Reinsert the Micro SD/SDHC card into the M3i Zero Adapter and you are ready to play as though it were a normal DSi game.

Menu Explanations
NDS
From this menu you can select which NDS game you wish to play. It also includes a built in action replay for cheats, as real time save and slow motion functions.

GBA
From this menu you can select which GBA game you wish to play. Please be aware that GBA games cannot be played on the nintendo DSi and requires the SLOT-2 GBA expansion card. If you are using a DS Lite and have the GBA expansion card, create a folder named GBA in the root of your Micro SD/SDHC card and place your GBA games there.

MyCard
From this menu you can run homebrew applications. Sinply create a folder named Homebrew in the root of your Micro SD/SDHC card and place your homebrew applications there.

Boot
Does nothing for the DSi, I would assume it allows you to boot the SLOT-2 card for the DS Lite

Media
Boots moonshell which allows you to play music and video and allows you to read text files

PDA
-Clock
-Calculator
-Unit Converter
-Notepad
-Memo
-Address Book
(Please be aware that the pda runs extremely slow and plays loud annoying sounds which can't be turned off without lowering volume)

Settings
-Toggle through custom skins
- Change between boot directly to the NDS folder or the main menu

Helpful Links

Homebrew Applications Downloads
- http://www.ndshb.com/

Skin Downloads
- http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/title/m3real

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haxorking said:
1) Download the required files from here
This is a pre-configured compilation of all

Did I catch this in the beta stages
tongue.gif

Good luck with it anyway.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmmm
unsure.gif
Not really a "M3i Zero complete guide" is it. More of a "M3i Zero Complete Touchpod guide"

There's no mention about 'Sakura' or how to change between Touchpod/Sakura on boot-up
Nor is there any mention about "How to update the firmware" (if it hasn't been done already) so that it can work on DSi v1.4, or how to use 'cheats' etc

I guess it's a 'work-in-progress' (mind you there's already a sticky for M3 Sakura)

Haxorking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
Hmmm
unsure.gif
Not really a "M3i Zero complete guide" is it. More of a "M3i Zero Complete Touchpod guide"

There's no mention about 'Sakura' or how to change between Touchpod/Sakura on boot-up
Nor is there any mention about "How to update the firmware" (if it hasn't been done already) so that it can work on DSi v1.4, or how to use 'cheats' etc

I guess it's a 'work-in-progress' (mind you there's already a sticky for M3 Sakura)

The F_CORE.DAT file included supports DSi v1.4, and the patching process is mentioned. But yes it's an incomplete work at this point as I haven't had the time to finish it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16