Hacking M3i Zero asking for a Slot 2?

Littlenightmare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my M3i Zero, set everything up like I did with my old M3. But every time I try to start game., it does not let me start it? I press every button on the DSi, and nothing, and then when I get it to start, it just shows me a 'Cant find Slot 2' or DLDI Compatible.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just a couple of questions
- When you switch on DSi - do you see the Danny Phantom icon (in place of the usual M3 icon) ?
If not - then I guess you haven't used the M3i Zero Core data file V1.4

- If you are getting the 'Danny phantom' icon, when you start the M3i0 do you see flash up (white text on black background) 'NDS Slot-2' with DS real Logo in bottom right corner, on the bottom screen ?? & then you end up with 2-white screens
If so - it seems that possibly your button is stuck in - as this happens if you press while the M3i0 is booting up

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Littlenightmare said:
Yes, I do get the 'Danny phantom' icon, but, I dont get the 'NDS Slot-2' thing when I see the DS real Logo in bottom right corner...
That's a good thing - it means your button is not stuck in

So the next question is - what happens next?
Have a look at this video @ around 3:30 to see how it should boot up the first time you run the card (just ignore the M3 icon bit - that's for Pre 1.4x DSi firmware) & let us know what's missing (or where the 'Slot-2' message pops up) it might give a better idea to what the problem is

Incidentally - if you don't get the bootup as shown then it's possible you may not of installed the 'System' folder correctly - which version have you installed ??
(you can get the latest version from GBATemp FileTrip)

Littlenightmare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Have a look at this video @ around 3:30 to see how it should boot up the first time you run the card (just ignore the M3 icon bit - that's for Pre 1.4x DSi firmware) & let us know what's missing (or where the 'Slot-2' message pops up) it might give a better idea to what the problem is

Okay, I don't get the the White screen bit, When I first put it in, I did pick a select what language part and that's all, I did not get the part before that, that he pressed a button (I did not see well what it was on the video)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Littlenightmare said:
CannonFoddr said:
Okay, I don't get the the White screen bit, When I first put it in, I did pick a select what language part and that's all, I did not get the part before that, that he pressed a button (I did not see well what it was on the video)
I'm guessing 'the white bit' you're talking about is this >
4171286223_b96712a7f7_m.jpg

What you should really see is something like this >>>>>
4171289815_c70b425409_m.jpg

But this only appears if you've just installed the SYSTEM folder for the first time OR if you press (& hold) [A], after pressing [A] on the 'Johnny Phantom' icon to boot up

> He then selects 'M3Sakura' (the one on the left) as his preferred game/file launcher
> After this you should get a 'DiskCheck' message (~3:43 on the video) on the bottom screen (you should also get the Pink 'Sakura' animation on the top screen)
-- unless you've DEselected the 'Always run DISKCHECK on booting' option on the next screen (the same one you choose the language on)
> After clicking on [OK] you then should get into the Sakura file selector (in pink) - which if you haven't put anything else onto your memory card should only show the SYSTEM folder

At which point do you get the 'Cant find Slot 2' or DLDI Compatible message ?
If it's happening on the diskcheck screen - then I suggest you look at This post under the title 'How to Disable Sakura's DiskCheck on your PC' & see if that helps

When Sakura boots and runs DiskCheck, it will halt booting if it finds a corrupt file. After backing up your files, try formatting your MicroSD card to FAT32, then copy just the SYSTEM folder by itself to the root of the card (don't copy your other backed up files onto the card yet). See if you can get Sakura to boot with just the SYSTEM folder on the card. If it runs, start copying your other files back over. If it stops booting after you've copied the rest of your files, it means at least one of your folders contains a file that M3 Sakura "doesn't like." You can look for the file using Windows CheckDisk, but if that doesn't work, you'll have to isolate and remove the problem file through trial and error. If you don't want to search for the corrupt files, you can back them up, delete all files except for the SYSTEM folder from the card, boot Sakura, disable DiskCheck through the GUI settings, and copy all files back.

More often than not files (particularly saves) can get corrupted in the folder that contains your NDS ROMs and .sav files, and this can lead to Sakura hanging during boot-up. Follow these instructions if you suspect corrupt data in your NDS ROM folder:

1. Remove all .sav files from your your NDS folder (back them up).
2. Delete all .cht and .opt files (you don't have to back these up, they have nothing to do with your saves).
3. After removing your .sav files from the folder, try to boot Sakura again.
4. If it still hangs, you have a corrupt ROM. If it boots properly, you have a corrupt .sav file. Skip ahead to step 6.
5. If you suspect a corrupt ROM, check the CRC of your ROMs with a ROM manager like NDSCrc, RToolDS or Rominator. If you don't use a ROM manager, you can still check the CRC at ADVANsCEne. Do a search for any ROM and check the CRC32. You can view the CRC of the ROM you have on your card by compressing it in a ZIP or RAR file, then viewing the archive. If the CRC of your ROM is different from the CRC on ADVANsCEne, it's either a bad dump, it was trimmed, patched, or otherwise altered from the clean dump. Get rid of the ROM with the bad CRC and replace it with a clean dump.
6. Check all your .sav files and make sure they're all 512KB. If you find one that's not 512KB, it's probably corrupt.
7. If you can't find one that's different from the rest, you can run Windows CheckDisk on them (or Mac equivalent, maybe DiskFirstAid will help).
8. If CheckDisk doesn't turn anything up, start moving the .sav files back onto your card five at a time, booting Sakura between each move.
9. Once it hangs, zero in on the five .sav files that caused the freeze, and isolate the one(s) that caused it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs