Hacking m3i working kinda....

neolight911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i brought a m3i zero from kickgaming. Just arrived today. I followed the guide here, flashed it, put system on 4gig microsd, removed the core file after flash was done. So i have two dsi's, blue one and a black one. Both of their firmware is 1.4u. It works in the blue but not in the black one. When i insert the m3i in the black one nothing pops up at all it doesnt even see it plugged in. Im pretty sure I didnt screw up the flash since it works on the blue dsi and i was able to load a game fine. By the way normal games work just fine on the black one. Any ideas?

Edit 1: Things I have tried so far, blowing in the slot, cleaning the contact on the m3i, formatting the dsi. still no dice. Kinda need it to work with the black one and not blue one ;/

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xD i have the special edition dark blue dsi and it works on that got it from the same place... hmmm try to reinsert the files/or reflash if that help O.o and is your black dsi on 1.4 firmware???I think the firmware upgrade may have made it only work with 1.4?

neolight911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea they are both 1.4u, so i tried reflashing it using the link here at this faq http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168862 and it didnt work in my black one, and when i tried it in the blue one it showed the m3adapter logo for the cart ( was showing danny phantom b4 ) and it gave some error, so i used an fcore i got somewhere else (cant remember where atm one i used in the first place) flashed it again it was back to danny phantom. Worked on blue still no dice on black ;/

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm thats a little weird..=/ since i only need to use my dark blue one i dont need to to see if it works for others but maybe u shud try to see if it has contact problem for the black one if that still doesnt work something must be up since the time i showed th m3 adapter icon it not supposed to if it 1.4...not much i can think of now.

neolight911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well looks like there is a bent pin inside the slot of the black dsi, when i look at normal games the carts have little plastic seperation between contacts, probly why normal games still work on it. M3i doesnt have little plastic seperation between all contacts. mmm gonna try and bend pin back today or something

Edit: Well after taking it apart and fiddling with it for awhile I kinda bent it back to normal i guess and... it works
biggrin.gif
Thanks for help bluejays

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol your welcome =3 Nice to know i helped someone successfully ahahaha =D

*Edit* - spelled successfully wrong (typo) lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat