M3i Sakura+M3 Lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by terminator99, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009

M3i Sakura+M3 Lite by terminator99 at 2:19 AM (2,316 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. terminator99
    OP

Member terminator99 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I am currently using M3i on my Ds lite, I have a folder For NDS roms and a folder for my GBA roms, i just discovered if i put my M3 lite in my slot 2 without any memory and i boot a GBA rom from my M3i using sakura..........it works fine, i did,nt expect it to work cos i thought i needed to use memory in the M3 lite so it could act as a expansion pack.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm guessing that's exactly what it does. Remember that Sakura was made for the slot-1 M3 products, so it makes sense that it would work with the slot-2 M3 products to integrate GBA loading.

3. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    The M3 Lite (Perfect, I assume) may not have had any microSD in it, however all the M3 Perfect slot-2 products include 32MB of built-in SDRAM for running GBA ROMs, and 1Mbit of SRAM for the save file. Since the M3i includes native support for the more recent M3 GBA Expansion slot-2 device, it's probably very likely that the M3 Lite and M3 GEP function in similar ways (aside from the GEP not including a microSD slot).

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The M3 GEP is a stripped down M3 perfect lite, no onboard storage. Just like the 3in1 was a stripped down EZ4. The original M3 GEP was more like the 3in1 then, no RTC.

It is and has been mentioned that the M3 perfect lite works like the GEP in the Sakura faq.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    it says it supports RTC and I have tested it work a pokemon rom (unpatched, ripped my own cart) and it worked fine

6. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    The current M3 GBA Expansions have RTC (which is why I use one, myself)... apparently the first version of them didn't, though.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    There have been at least 4 revisions of the M3 GEP, it is unlikely the gap in your understanding of the actual hardware revisions that you would understand that I was talking about several different versions. And I only got 2 of them.

Good for you Joe, what about the other versions.