Hacking M3DS Real Vs. R4 DS Vs. CycloDS

.:LoZar:.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all great forum!

1) Ok, can you order this flashcard in order from the best to the "worst"? If you can explain your choice...

1.b) Are all them compatible with all roms (I'm sure for the r4 but for m3 real and cyclods i don't know...)
2.b) Are all them well supported (periodical release of new firmware, software, etc...)?

2) The GBA support is important for you? Why (having a nds it's a possible question asking why do you prefer play gba games...)?

3) The memory packs allow only the function of browser? Or allow other things (i.e. the roms runs better, etc...)?

4)If I go with the M3 Real it's better to go with the perfect bundle (that includes the rumble, ram and gba pack) or purchase the ez 3 in 1 (I would prefer this way because the shell is white and is 3 in 1, the m3 packs are 2 separated and black...)

Thanks and sorry for the english...
grog.gif

fangames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though, m3ds real perfect recommend.
the rumble pack and gab expansion pack original come with m3ds real, i think it is more compatible than ezflash 3in1.
only my thought,have't tested ezflash 3in1 working with m3ds real

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
Order of best to worst:
1. M3 real
Pros: Quite cheap, SDHC support, reasonable support, reasonable updates, comes with various slot 2 extras, 100% game compatibility
Cons: Maybe not as much support as the cyclo or R4

2. Cyclo DS
Pros: Very good at updates, 100% compatibility, Very good support, SDHC support
Cons: A little too pricey, no slot 2 extras

3. R4 DS
Pros: Very fast updates, Very good support, Cheap, User friendly
Cons: About 99.99% DS Game compatibility (some games need an Arm7 fix), no SDHC support

Having GBA important to me. I like to play the classics when I get bored of DS games.

Also, I put all my Media stuff on my slot 2 (.dpg, .mp3, .cbds) and have my slot one dedicated to DS games and Homebrew.

Hope this helped.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 is more like 98% compat these days.

I feel so happy that none of my carts require arm7 fix.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Order of best to worst:
1. M3 real
Pros: Quite cheap, SDHC support, reasonable support, reasonable updates, comes with various slot 2 extras, 100% game compatibility
Cons: Maybe not as much support as the cyclo or R4

2. Cyclo DS
Pros: Very good at updates, 100% compatibility, Very good support, SDHC support
Cons: A little too pricey, no slot 2 extras

3. R4 DS
Pros: Very fast updates, Very good support, Cheap, User friendly
Cons: About 99.99% DS Game compatibility (some games need an Arm7 fix), no SDHC support

Having GBA important to me. I like to play the classics when I get bored of DS games.

Also, I put all my Media stuff on my slot 2 (.dpg, .mp3, .cbds) and have my slot one dedicated to DS games and Homebrew.

Hope this helped.

M3 Does support there own products as good as there slot-2
The M3Ds Simply lack of support is only cause the lack of support from R4 Team (M3DS Simply = R4Ds Revolution)

If GBA is important to you, then the M3DS Real is a good choice, the integrated GBA support with there GBA expansion pack is great. (And it supports Real Time Save)

CycloDS Evolution works great with EZFlash 3in1 Expansion and with the Ewin GBA Expansion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I'll go with m3ds real with no slot-2 pack. I can't understand why I must play gba games when I've ds games...

However I can purchase after the slot-2 pack (maybe later will be released a white version...).

Now I'm waiting the english version of m3dsr on DX because at the moment there is only the chinese version... Any1 knows when it'll be available? And any1 knows if will be released a white shell?

Thanks to all!!

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can, get all of them, test them out extensively until you find the one you like most, and finally sell or give to happy people the ones you did not enjoy as much. I would say it's justifiable as if you're buying 6 DS games for the rest of your life, you darn limey.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you can, get all of them, test them out extensively until you find the one you like most, and finally sell or give to happy people the ones you did not enjoy as much. I would say it's justifiable as if you're buying 6 DS games for the rest of your life, you darn limey.
You're right but due to the italian customs (high controls for limitate the china import market) there's for me a "high rate of risk" in purchasing all of them... And in the end I think the differences are not so big to induce purchasing all of them...

jessica101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm torn here between getting an R4 or an M3 for my Nintendo DS I don't know which one is better, I'm on a low budget but I need something that works, plays music and videos, but most of all will play emulators, but if someone can help me out with which best meets these standards, that would be great. I would like many ideas, opinions and facts so feel free to repeat or give similar data to already posted data. Thank you! (please also state which version of which is best also, example: M3 light, M3 simply, etc.)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm torn here between getting an R4 or an M3 for my Nintendo DS I don't know which one is better, I'm on a low budget but I need something that works, plays music and videos, but most of all will play emulators, but if someone can help me out with which best meets these standards, that would be great. I would like many ideas, opinions and facts so feel free to repeat or give similar data to already posted data. Thank you! (please also state which version of which is best also, example: M3 light, M3 simply, etc.)
The M3 Simply, M3 Real and R4 can all do what you want... and almost every other cart can do those things. I think the M3 Real is the best, though the M3 Lite has GBA support.

I'd buy an M3 Real with an Expansion Pack of some sort... Oh wait, I did
tongue.gif

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People Bash R4/Simply alot, I bought a simply a year ago it still goes strong. I have never had a game not work on it. I have Hundreds of hombrew working on it. People say its slow but its not. Boots fast and Loads games faster than the DSTT or the REAL.

Also the ARM7 was fixed in it, so its 100% now.

Honestly the cyclo has a high rate of DOAs people should be bashing that, plus I cant find it less than 65 bucks. I bought my Simply from DX for 32 bucks and no shipping. I think for all learning purposes a simply/R4 is the best to start out with.

Don't get me wrong, the cyclo can do some cool things, and I would love to have one (a working one). But for people who know nothing about them and just want a simple one that works. I would say R4/Simply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things