Hacking M3DS Real Sakura 1.45 GBA Saves

An00bis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to try out GBA roms with my M3DS Real and expansion pack, so I download Pokemon Emerald and tried it. Right before getting the starter pokemon, I tried to save, and got the error message:
"Save failed. Checking the backup memory... Please wait. Time required: About 1 minute".
After a minute it says the backup memory is insufficient or something along the lines of that. Can anyone tell me what exactly went wrong here? Do I need to patch my roms first or something?

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the official M3 files site I do believe there is a GBA patcher that you use. I *could* be mistaken. I haven't used a GBA rom on mine in a very long time.

*edit* I was wrong, I was thinking of the browser rom patcher. Apologies.

An00bis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I found out that if you press Y on the GBA rom screen you get options about it (loln00b @ me). so I changed "Real Time Saving" from off to on, and tried it. Stuck on the loading screen instead. So then I went to the options yet again and changed from "Patched loading" to "Fast loading". Loading took about a minute, but now everything works including saving. So, problem solved I guess (unless it's only a temporary save X_X)

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
odd. I never have had problems with the gba utility of m3. (fucked one save up when I exidentaly used the guitar grip right after playing a gba game, so by by save)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn