M3DS Real Sakura 1.45 GBA Saves

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by An00bis, Feb 1, 2010.

1. An00bis
    OP

An00bis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2009
    United States
    So I wanted to try out GBA roms with my M3DS Real and expansion pack, so I download Pokemon Emerald and tried it. Right before getting the starter pokemon, I tried to save, and got the error message:
    "Save failed. Checking the backup memory... Please wait. Time required: About 1 minute".
    After a minute it says the backup memory is insufficient or something along the lines of that. Can anyone tell me what exactly went wrong here? Do I need to patch my roms first or something?

2. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    Battery dead? SRAM defective?

3. Archimdae

Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    On the official M3 files site I do believe there is a GBA patcher that you use. I *could* be mistaken. I haven't used a GBA rom on mine in a very long time.

*edit* I was wrong, I was thinking of the browser rom patcher. Apologies.

4. An00bis
    OP

An00bis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2009
    United States
    Update, I found out that if you press Y on the GBA rom screen you get options about it (loln00b @ me). so I changed "Real Time Saving" from off to on, and tried it. Stuck on the loading screen instead. So then I went to the options yet again and changed from "Patched loading" to "Fast loading". Loading took about a minute, but now everything works including saving. So, problem solved I guess (unless it's only a temporary save X_X)

5. DCG

DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2010
    Netherlands
    Schiedam
    odd. I never have had problems with the gba utility of m3. (fucked one save up when I exidentaly used the guitar grip right after playing a gba game, so by by save)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice