M3DS Real Sakura 1.45 GBA Saves

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by An00bis, Feb 1, 2010.

Feb 1, 2010

M3DS Real Sakura 1.45 GBA Saves by An00bis at 5:19 PM (1,108 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    So I wanted to try out GBA roms with my M3DS Real and expansion pack, so I download Pokemon Emerald and tried it. Right before getting the starter pokemon, I tried to save, and got the error message:
    "Save failed. Checking the backup memory... Please wait. Time required: About 1 minute".
    After a minute it says the backup memory is insufficient or something along the lines of that. Can anyone tell me what exactly went wrong here? Do I need to patch my roms first or something?

2. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Battery dead? SRAM defective?

3. Archimdae

Member Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

United States
    On the official M3 files site I do believe there is a GBA patcher that you use. I *could* be mistaken. I haven't used a GBA rom on mine in a very long time.

*edit* I was wrong, I was thinking of the browser rom patcher. Apologies.

4. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    Update, I found out that if you press Y on the GBA rom screen you get options about it (loln00b @ me). so I changed "Real Time Saving" from off to on, and tried it. Stuck on the loading screen instead. So then I went to the options yet again and changed from "Patched loading" to "Fast loading". Loading took about a minute, but now everything works including saving. So, problem solved I guess (unless it's only a temporary save X_X)

5. DCG

Member DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    odd. I never have had problems with the gba utility of m3. (fucked one save up when I exidentaly used the guitar grip right after playing a gba game, so by by save)