Hacking m3ds real not working

sverigesson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, been here a while but this is my first post. I just bought an m3ds real with GBA expansion and its been working great for a few days... but now, in the span of an afternoon, it's gotten pretty bad. Here's the progression.

-First, froze while trying to load Metroid Zero Mission. Powered off and tried again, it froze several more times.
-Next, powered it up again and it loaded up my menu background, but said on the bottom screen "loading data: leave power on" (or something like that, I can't reproduce it now). Continued doing this for a while.
-Now, power it up and it just sits on a black screen with the m3ds real logo at the bottom right of the touch screen.

I think it might be a problem with the microsd card, since my computer won't even read it to let me try and fix the firmware or format it... but I don't know why it happened. I fear to test things out with my wife's microsd card, since if something has ruined my card, I don't want to duplicate it on hers. Regardless, it's all very upsetting since I had my m3ds simply for about half a year and not a single problem... and now, this one is screwing things up after only a few days.

Anyways...
hate2.gif
! Any help in fixing my problem would be greatly appreciated. Hope you guys can figure it out.

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like the SD card went bad. I just had a Kingston do that to me. Once the computer doesn't recognize it, its gone. I hope its under warranty. I've had 2 of 3 cards go bad within a few weeks. At least Kingston offers a lifetime replacement.

sverigesson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what's so maddening... It's the same card I've been using with my simply for half a year, and now its dead. I might be able to return it, but I want to figure out whats wrong so I don't repeat the same issue. Thanks though.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it really sounds like the SD card since its the thing that isnt being read, you probably just had bad luck, things break and die and it sucks but sometimes it happens sooner rather than later, only thing it might be is maybe your MicroSD card reader has damaged the points on your SD card maybe... dunno it probably just packed it in because things do from time to time, it sucks but its still cheaper than paying for games^^

sverigesson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah probably. The weird thing is, some part of it is getting read, since the m3ds black loading screen is still coming up... but yeah, guess I'll just have to suck it up and grab a new card. Still, it's upsetting losing all my saves... probably 100 hours of gaming down the drain. sigh. Well, thanks everyone, any other thoughts would still be helpful.

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
After seeing some other posts regarding SD cards going bad when used with the M3DS Real flashcards (and having the same thing happen to me once - so far), do you think that maybe something the M3DS Real cards are doing something to the SD cards? Seems kinda fishy to me....

I am not trying to start a war here. I've got 1 with 2 more on the way, but it sure is starting to be suspicious.

sverigesson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I heard on one other thread that the included microsd usb adapter isn't good for cards, so maybe thats it... Regardless, I'm throwing it away and using the one that came with my card and has had no problems yet.

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've had a brand new kingston die in the m4dsreal also. the supplied card reader lasted a week. the kingston in the real lasted a month or two.

i'm beginning to notice a pattern with microSDs dying and the m3dsreal. could the m3dsreal be killing our cards?

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
BinarySoup said:
i've had a brand new kingston die in the m4dsreal also. the supplied card reader lasted a week. the kingston in the real lasted a month or two.

i'm beginning to notice a pattern with microSDs dying and the m3dsreal. could the m3dsreal be killing our cards?

That's what I thought at first also. But I just recently bought a 4GB Kingston card and it was dead on arrival. I don't think the problem is the m3dsreal, but the crap microSD cards (and yes, I am definitely beginning to think that Kingston is crap since I've had 2 out of 3 cards either DOA or die within a week).

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my M3 is defective it keeps freezing after a minute or two during game play and you need to rest it for about 5minutes or else it just wont boot up no more.

The reason is the flashcard nothing else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back