M3DS Real - Fussy about SD cards?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by kimnkk, Nov 24, 2007.

1. kimnkk
    OP

kimnkk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey there,

I used to have a DS and R4 DS a while ago, and i remember that it was pretty fussy with Micro SD cards - some wouldn't load Castlevania properly whilst others would freeze at certain spots. Only the Japanese made Kingstons worked.

Is this still the case with the M3DS Real? Or can i opt for a cheapie card this time around?

Thanks!

2. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    pretty much all microsd based carts need a good microsd (equal to kingston japan) to play the problematic games well, as far as i know.

3. roadbusta

roadbusta GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2006
    I'm using a Sandisk 2GB Micro SD with my M3 Real. It works fine, with no problems, although i have not tested Castlevania POR yet.

4. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Regardless of the flash card, the compatibility will always be better when using a Toshiba/Kingston Japanese micro SD. Most people try to get these anyway, so you should be set.

5. Deletable_Man

Deletable_Man Old Man

Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    A-Data 4gb. POR works fine. And its cheap.

6. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    You could just get a class 6 SDHC... that's the bonus of the new standard, speed is actually a part of it this time.

7. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    It is actually hard for anybody outside of the US to get the card for less than 60-70 USD shipped (newegg sells for 40-50 IIRC, and they don't do international shipping).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice