M3DS Real Combined With 6GB Sandisk SDHC

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by kafworld, Nov 13, 2007.

Nov 13, 2007
  1. kafworld
    OP

Newcomer kafworld Member

United States
    Hey Guys,

I ordered four 6GB Sandisk SDHC cards for my four M3DS Reals I just received. Card boots fine. However, when I press "A" to load game it freezes. I've tried other methods such as removing games, changing to different cards, etc amd it still freezes when I try to launch a game. Like I said, it boots to the main screen and I can navigate the menus fine. the problem only happens when I go to launch a game. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frustrated loyal M3 customer

2. CZroe

Member CZroe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had the same behavior when I had half-patched to English system software on my Chinese M3DS real. After patching the *.eng file from the English system software and copying the resulting few files into the Chinese system software folder on my microSD card, it worked fine... though some of the other applications were still in Chinese.

3. fangames

Newcomer fangames Member

United States
    have saved you NDS games in the right folder?
    In the SDHC card ,you should have "system" and "NDS" folder, and save nds game in the NDS folder.

also,what verison of your m3 ds real? rumble bundle pack or perfect bundle pack?
    If you got the rumble bundle pack,you can't play GBA games.

4. kafworld
    OP

Newcomer kafworld Member

United States
    I have the latest loader system folder version 2.51 and separate folder titled NDS. Like I mentioned before I can see the games just fine. It's when I click on a game that it freezes. However, I've found that if I only put approx 50 games in the NDS folder I can launch a game. It just doesnt want to work when I told 150 Games which stinks cause that's why I bought the M3DS Real cart in the first place.

5. kafworld
    OP

Newcomer kafworld Member

United States
    BTW, forgot to mention that I only play NDS games not GBA games.

6. onneeye

Member onneeye GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are all 150 games in one folder? That might be why it crashes. Try putting 40 games in separate folders. That should fix your problem.

7. kafworld
    OP

Newcomer kafworld Member

United States
    UPDATED:

I have been testing the 6Gb SDHC card with the M3DS Real and come across a couple observations.

First, I can load approx 60 games and although they are slow to launch they will play.

Second, the 60 or so games total over 4.3GB because I loaded the largest games I could find megabyte-wise. I would expect a larger file-size game to load slower but even a tiny game loads slow, too.

However, I still have the problem of not being able to do the following:

1) Fill the card to capacity

or

2) Put more than 60 games on the card.

If someone knows what the problem is please post your suggestions here. I can imagine that an 8GB SDHC will only be worse. I'm very frustrated because I got the M3DS Real/6GB Micro SDHC combo in order to load tons of games on it without having to swap out all the time.

8. kafworld
    OP

Newcomer kafworld Member

United States
    The is a great suggestions Oneeye but I thought all the games had to go in the NDS folder. Are you saying put 40 games each in subfolders within the main NDS folder or something else?