Hacking M3DS Real - Appalling

marshall878

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My girlfriend ordered one of these cards just after christmas after seeing family members with the M3DS Simply

Obviously the simply had been replaced by the real so one of those was ordered instead. The first one took a month to turn up then wouldnt read the SD card, so it was sent back and we received a new on today...another month later.

This one is no better, yes it will play the odd game now and then...thats if it actully makes it past the loading screens and doesnt freeze on the black or white screen.

Tried all official software releases and its still playing up

Some1 please help before i bin the thing

Thanks

Lee
mad.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lee,

The M3 Real setup may be a little different from the Simply. I suggest checking out the hard work of tguellich's guide that has just recently been updated. I find it very useful the more I use my M3 Real.

Good Luck!

Digital

I hope you get your M3 Real working because once you do, it works well!

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What MicroSD card are you using? It seems that the M3DS Real is rather picky about it's SD cards. Also, check my guide and make sure you are setting up the file structure correctly.

Thanks for the plug Digital!

marshall878

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The microSD we are using is the Kingston 1Gb microSd cards, these are cards that are supplied in a bundle by a company called consoleup.co.uk

Ive gone through your guide mate, its very detailed, been through it all but its still playing up, stuck on the loading screen as i type, going to grab the v3 firmware and give it a try...its a real shame because the simply seems a really good card and at the moment, the feeling of wasting £40 is upon us

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you make sure that the "SYSTEM" folder is placed in the microSD root?

It should be like that => My Computer => H, F or whatever/where ever the MicroSD card is => A folder called system, a lots of file inside the system folder.

Try it.

marshall878

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea the structure is all right, ive flashed psp's etc and know the importance of the system structure.

we got this hoping that it would be an easy way of running back up roms whereas the psp is awkward.

the m3 has loaded up, but as soon as we turn it off it'll play up again.

its asif you need to load a fresh new folder everytime you wanna use the thing....not great if you play it anywhere but next to your pc!

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm.. Doesnt suppose to be like that.
Try formatting the microSD card => Is the first step before you start doing anything.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Is your card a CP2 or CPE? (Look on the back of the card written on the green bit.) Apparently there have been issue with the CPE batch. I have a CP2 and it never act up.

marshall878

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh thats annoying, so thats 2 dodgy ones we've had now

ive emailed the company asking what they can do for us

strangely though, this morning i had turned it on and off and fair few times...and it worked everytime
unsure.gif

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might be luck of the draw. I have bought 5 so far, and the last one I just bought will not recognize the memory card (all are cpe ones too). Whether it be a pre loaded sd card, or a brand new one. Hopefully the place I bought mine from will take care of it.
frown.gif

snowcorn22

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I've got a CP2 and CPE, both ordered from cosoleup... delivery does take long..

I was lucky too with both these versions... everything works fine..

maybe you could try with another MicroSD.... i use a 4GB Sandisk.
I'm waiting for an 8GB Sandisk hope it will work.

Swalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like you have exactly the same problem I (and a few others) have.

I've the same set-up: UK bought CPE with 1GB Kingston Japan card and it's very problematic, just as you describe.

My earlier CP2 cards work flawlessly, have a look at my earlier poll on this problem which goes into more detail:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73620

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM