Hacking m33 prome-4 gone wrong?

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I was installing the m33 prometheus-4 onto my PSP 1000 so I could run Monster Hunter Portable 3rd with iso_tools, but instead I installed prometheus-4 auto-cfw and now nothing will load on my memory stick. I can't even load the UMD in my psp. I was able to load the m33 updater but it wouldn't change my firmware. How can I remove it and do a fresh install of m33? Going into the recovery menu and trying to recover from there also hangs. I have also changed the umd driver to sony but that doesn't help.

The system info when I go to it says it's on 5.00Prm-4at.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
What the hell is Prometheus-4 auto CFW? Prom-4 on 5.00m33 is a PLUGIN, not something you install.

Have you tried using Pandora? If it can't run anything from the XMB or the Recovery menu's RUN EBOOT AT option, that should be the only way out.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to get pandora working now. For some reason it won't work on any of my psp's.

If not, I will just follow the advice of the user above and update. Thanks for the responses so far.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I went to "CFW Change" in iso_tools and chose "5.00Prometheus-4 Auto CFW". It installed without trouble.

If I can't get the pandora to work then I will just update to 6.20.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason a regular M33 update won't work is because you're already on the last M33. I'm guessing that you could use XGEN Updater v2 to get to 5.50 GEND3 and then Recovery Flasher from there to get back to M33. Then skip ISO Tool and use the stand alone Prometheus 4 addon install rather than ISO Tool.

Or of course if you don't want to get back to where you started PRO B5 skips the issue entirely.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds doable. Thanks.

Edit - Seems I am moving forward from here. Cheers xist.

A lot of lessons have been learned. >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte