Hardware M3 vs G6 vs SC vs R4

dover19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a regular DS and my brother has a DS Lite. We both wanna get a card and I'm wondering which do you guys think is best and why.

Also, if I got an R4 and say he got an M3, we would still be able to play together right?

Thx.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a regular DS and my brother has a DS Lite. We both wanna get a card and I'm wondering which do you guys think is best and why.Well, you first have to make some choices: do you want a very good but expensive one, should it have internal of external (SD) memory, Slot-1, Slot-2 or both...
I'd say R4 or the more expensive CycloDS Evolution. For Slot 2 I'd say EZ 3 in 1 or the more expensive M3 Lite.
Also, if I got an R4 and say he got an M3, we would still be able to play together right?

Thx.
Yeah, you can play with every flashcart with any other one, or with original games.

Download Play might be an issue, but mostly for Slot-2-cards.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
a slot 1 device will have problems with GBA roms though right?

Yes. As in they will not work
tongue.gif

K

KaliKot

Slot 1 cards have 100% compatibility with DS, and just drag and drop them to the sd no need to patch them unlike with slot 2

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, k. sounds to me like a slot 2 device is better than.
If you only get a slot-2 device then you'll also need to get a nopass to go in slot-2 or else you won't be able to play DS games at all. So since you're going to have to get two devices either way, the better option is probably to get a slot-1 flash card like the R4 or CycloDS Evoltion and then get a slot-2 cart specifically for playing GBA ROMs. The EZ-Flash 3-in-1 (a slot-2 cart that requires a slot-1 card in order to load ROMs onto it) is cheap enough that you won't really be spending any more money that way even though you could probably pick up a nopass pretty cheap these days.

...word is bondage...

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for the 3in1, it's actually as many GBA games as you're willing to put on your slot-1.

You don't actually write the game to the 3in1 unless you're playing it (or you're using NOR for slot1 to 2 linkage)

kikapo_O

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I prefer Slot-1 Card. first I owned a M3 lite prefect but now I got my R4 ands it's much more easier than a Slot-2 device. U can save a lot of time with the drag and drop function ;D

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slot 2 cards with good GBA compatibility are 2-4x more expensive than a slot 1 card.
A 1 gigabyte ncard is 50$ CHEAPER than a Slot 2 of the same size.
The EZ-Flash IV Lite Deluxe is a slot-2 cart with very good GBA compatibility and most places sell it for $40, which is at most $10 or $15 more than the cheapest slot-1 cards. Plus the cost of whatever size microSD card you want.

I don't actually own one, so I can't say how good the DS compatbility is, though. That's the only problem with slot-2 carts is that you need to patch DS ROMs to get them to work, so you're depending on updates to the loader software everytime a new unsupported game comes out and those updates are going to get more and more infrequent as companies phase out their slot-2 carts in favor of slot-1. (Contrary to what most people always say, ROMs need to be patched for slot-1 cards before they run, too, but it's in-card so that you don't notice and since slot-1 cards are the current technology, most manufacturers are prompt about fixing games that don't work.)

I still say the best option is definitely to get both a slot-1 and a slot-2 kit. If you don't plan to play a lot of GBA stuff, get a 3-in-1 for slot-2, if you do plan to use GBA a lot, then get an EZ-Flash IV or other full slot-2 flash kit.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol