Hacking M3 vs EZ-V vs R4

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get a slot 1 flash card, which should I get? They all seem pretty equal in the comparator on the main page. Will all three work with the 3-in-1?

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
The M3 and R4 are exactly the same, both work with the EZ-V 3-in-1.

As the name implies, the 3-in-1 was BUILT for the EZ-V, so to answer your question, yes it does work with it.
rolleyes.gif

As the M3 and R4 are the same thing, your choice lies between either of those, or the EZ-V. Since the Homebrew loader thing for the 3-in-1 gives pretty much full compatibility, and since the R4 & M3 are less hassle than the EZ-V (i.e. no updating of savelists etc) I would go with them.

The R4 gets updates about a day or two earlier than the M3 so its probably the one to go for, however both cards are exactly the same and the M3 always gets the update a day or two afterward.

A great place to purchase these cards is www.dealextreme.com who have good prices on both the M3 and the R4, as well as the EZ-V and the 3-in-1 expansion.

Hope that helped!

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it did!

Is there any where to get the 3-in-1 in white? I know, I'm picky-- just wondering though.

And should I not get the cheaper Chinese version (as I only speak English). Also, anyone know of anywhere cheaper-- this place looks great though.

EDIT: Nevermind... menus are in Chinese... I'm an idiot.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a m3simply from realhotstuff.com and im loving it!

I haven't had any of the problems others had mentioned with their micro sd slot and card reader. I got the first shipment that actually included the revised card reader with the pyramids, and included only one color shell. You can pick up a white ezv 3-in-1 at realhotstuff.com as well (just specify the color white through the drop down menu).

http://www.realhotstuff.com/m3-ds-simply-p-173.html
http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-p-194.html

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance the 3-in-1 will ever get updated or anything to let me GBA-DS work for Pokemon... I don't know if its a hardware or software thing, so I really have no idea if this is a stupid question or not.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Any chance the 3-in-1 will ever get updated or anything to let me GBA-DS work for Pokemon... I don't know if its a hardware or software thing, so I really have no idea if this is a stupid question or not.

Do you mean something like downloading an emerald ROM, and having it work as GBA-DS link with the slot-1 card and something like pokemon diamond? (i.e. the pal park thing or whatever). If so I'm fairly certain it can dot his, as you can 'flash' the GBA game to the 3-in-1 so that the DS sees it as a regular GBA cartridge (i.e. it appears as such in the DS startup menu, etc).

A white dealextreme for ~ $20 is available on Dealextreme:

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1894

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay-- so I'm going to get a slot 1 card and the expansion pack. Where should I order from?

What's important to me:

1) Reliability
2) Price
3) Time to get to my door
4) Color (expansion pack HAS to be white, R4 very preferred to be white)

GameYeeeah has a set for $57, but it doesn't include shipping and it does say what color the expansion pack is (http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4-r4ds-ez-in-expansion-pack-p-277.html).

What about Sky2K... it doesn't look 100% reliably, but their prices are good.

And Dealextreme looks good, but I hear they take forever to deliver.

So, what is my best option?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If you want the best get...

'SCDS' for best advanced features...real time ar/dipstar cheats with no slowdown and realtime book/guide ability.. both exclusive features (r4 has real time cheats but suffers from slowdown with it)

or

'cyclo-evo' for 100% downloadnplay and SDHC compatability.. again exclusive features

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...