M3 v28 problem with savegame....

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by siriochan, Nov 9, 2006.

Nov 9, 2006
  1. siriochan
    OP

Newcomer siriochan Member

Hi to all, i've got an annoying problem with mi M3 Perfect MiniSD, wich has V28 firmware...

I ruined a miniSD this summer, and bought a new one some day ago; i put new firmware and some DS and GBA roms, and it played fine. But sometimes my brother is complaining that in Castlevania and Nintendogs he had to restart all over, 'cause the save (correctly backed up on restart) is seen as blank [​IMG] the first time i discovered that was my bro's fault, 'cause he forgot do backup the save from sram after a couple hours of playing [​IMG] but then i reflashed the rom and put the save i had on HD with the GameManager, and it seems to work [​IMG]

I suppose that when i put nintendogs saves the first time, i copied the .dat file directly with ResourceManager, the M3 loaded it, but then didn't saved [​IMG]

now i uploaded both Castlevania and Ninten-woof with the GameManager, and let's see, also 'cause LostInBlue (DS) and CastlevaniaCircleOfTheMoon (GBA) don't seem to have any problem so far...

By the way, has anyone an idea on what happened?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    your post is very cryptic. When you copy on save files, use the save manager under the game manager always because part of m3 .dat files have specific location to where the rom is. And this is needed to make sure it points to the correct rom.

3. siriochan
    OP

sorry for the encrypted words, it's to prevent non-authorized copying [​IMG]

Now i'm using the GameManager to load my backupped saves, but it sounds strange to me that the .dat file copied to HD and then to miniSD, without changing anything else on the miniSD (rom name and/or folder), can give problems [​IMG]

4. siriochan
    OP

Uhm, i reflashed the DS roms and put my old saves on MiniSD, but I had again that annoying problem, my brother after playing a while, saved, backupped save, played another game, then the old save was lost.....GBA roms instead works fine...

edit: a new idea i had just now: I'm supposing that the problem is connected to my brother, 'cause I don't play DS rom yet, and my only DS rom kept the saves correctly: maybe is my bro's fault, and the fast turn off-turn on he usually does to change rom?

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    maybe your battery is weak and doesn't keep the saves on sram for that long and your brother just turns off the game without going back to the main menu to flush the save files.

6. siriochan
    OP

nope, he does backup right after playing, and the GBA saves are stored for many time on M3....if it was a battery fault, we couldn't even backup savegames...

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    actually, you can, through soft reset or instantly turning ds on and off. The saves on the volatile sram doesn't get lost that quickly. Now if your battery was dead and after 5 minutes you restart the DS and it doesn't show the backup being saved screen, then it's a battery problem. Might want to repatch the games through the game manager again as well (after you backup saves) to make sure the save files themselves aren't corrupt or named/placed incorrectly.

8. siriochan
    OP

But we CAN do backup, either manually or with autosave (I turned it off 'cause it's annoying having it any time) [​IMG] so it's certain it's not a battery fault...

I'm supposing the fast turn off-on 'cause with gba my bro has to push Select before starting, and it takes a little time instead of pushing the power button as fast as light like he does [​IMG] I'll do a few tries to comprove my theory, hoping that's true; if it's an M3 or miniSD problem, I cant'do much, but if it's a brother pronblem, I can use my....BigBrother-"I didn't want to kill him, just scare!"-Powers to "teach" him how to use correctly the M3 [​IMG]