Swaziland
Apology Letter from M3 team (GBAlpha) via Google Translate:

m3gbalphaletter.jpg

Chinese Original:
http://www.gbalpha.cn/China/GBalpha_Shop/Information21.html

Text Translation:

To purchase the film card M3DS Real and M3i Zero letter of apology to consumers

To the consumer:

Given the vast number of consumers in this consistent support and love GBalpha express our most sincere thanks!

On September 21, 2010 release for the M3DS Real and M3i Zero system update file, run the game due to the development sector, the core engine source code is not affected by loss of anti-factor, released a new version of the game when the compatibility of the past and some special function applications, such as soft reset mode intelligent judgments, real-time optimization of the archive compatibility impact, leading to the compatibility of the game has yet to be updated again. In the majority of consumers to express our most sincere apologies.

Currently, the development department is to mobilize all the developers and testers, according to historical data records lost the game engine code and other related procedures to complement component code and comprehensive testing to return to the previous version of the compatibility and new games improve the compatibility is expected to be completed and provide updates in the near future, while increasing full-year 2010, the new NDS game code base. GBalpha plan in February 2011 providing two to three times before the Jiangzai software updates (one or two times before New Year's Day and New Year's time), years after Nintendo's new console, according to the listing for 3DS addition of the corresponding mapping function.

Are hereby acknowledged. To the general consumers to use during the inconvenience, to say sorry again and hope to get your understanding and support.

GBalpha (China) Co., Ltd.
November 29, 2010

Thanks to manu-m3 @ Gulli for the news!

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
They seriously got lazy, i wonder why.
I mean i know YSM3 has fixed games that don't work on our "current" firmware which dates to september! T_T
I hope we DON'T have to wait til Feb 2011 or im gonna upgrade to a DSTwo... the team needs to get their shit straight right now.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
and provide updates in the near future, while increasing full-year 2010, the new NDS game code base. GBalpha plan in February 2011 providing two to three times before the Jiangzai software updates (one or two times before New Year's Day and New Year's time)

What im getting outta that is, they'll release and update BEFORE 1/1/2011

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
they had a computer crash and lost all of their source code. they will try to have new updates available soon. thats pretty much all you need to know. what i'd like to know is when they are going to update their old gba kits like the m3 lite =P.

-another world

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, at least that clears up the confusion about the M3 team being "dead". They are not and they will continue to release updates - if they somehow restore their source code, that is.

Luckily, I still have an old M3 Simply/R4 that I can use with the Wood firmware though it is kinda ironical that I have to use it to play newer games.

Dakdas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope everything works out. I have a GMP-Z003 version M3i, and with every new release it becomes more and more useless. If something isn't done soon, it's going to become dead weight and completely worthless. So I hope they can get things back on track.

liewhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
until there is a update where make the cart up to date, it is as good as dead to me, who know this letter could be fake, just to make ppl think they are not dead so that ppl can continue to buy their cart. we shall c.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are right but:
The R4iPt and 3.0 is build in October and the new FW update for 3.0 can build R4iSdhc Team too we dont now!
Then the R4i 3.0 is a Cooperation with R4 SDHC Team we dont know who makes the Updates for the card!

I have send GBalpha an message about this and wati for Repply!
Greets Manu

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giratina3 said:
They seriously got lazy, i wonder why.
I mean i know YSM3 has fixed games that don't work on our "current" firmware which dates to september! T_T
I hope we DON'T have to wait til Feb 2011 or im gonna upgrade to a DSTwo... the team needs to get their shit straight right now.

I already did so ......

Ralek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They only thing I could gleam from this, is that seemingly somebody is still working there ... working on something. Good news i suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: