m3 system file missing

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by readyrangers, Apr 5, 2008.

Apr 5, 2008

m3 system file missing by readyrangers at 1:42 PM (3,706 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. readyrangers
    OP

Newcomer readyrangers Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi all i just joined the forum it looks good.I am looking for a bit o help i bought an m3 real i put the files on memory card put it in ds i get m3 coming up on bottom right hand corner then it says system file missing but it is on the card.Anybody know what i am doing wrong or how to sort it?
    thanks

2. muttdog

Newcomer muttdog Newbie

United States
    did you follow the sticky "New M3DS Real Guide" by tguellich. follow his guide worked perfect for me.

3. tguellich

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    muttdog is right. Follow my guide and everything will work perfectly. There is a new guide coming for the new firmware. It should be out within a week or so. But it will all be basically the same.

4. gangsterboi

Member gangsterboi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    is the system folder like the following "SYSTEM" i think it has to be in caps. And make sure it has all the right files, download it again if your unsure.

5. readyrangers
    OP

United Kingdom
    hi guys thanks for that i got that part to work now.Next problem now it says save file does not exist.creating save file....that is on the top screen when i pick a game to play.On the bottom screen it then says save data file format error.The micro card has been formatted any ideas as the first one i done was no problem?

6. tguellich

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    Is your card full?

7. readyrangers
    OP

United Kingdom
    i just tried it on another card a 2gb one and i get the same error...

8. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    What will be out? Your guide or the new firmware? I'm sure the current version of M3 Sakura will change, seeing as there isn't even an game settings menu yet... [​IMG]

9. readyrangers
    OP

United Kingdom
    i got it working now i used the formatting program in download section.next question when i done one a few months ago i put in the system file it worked great it never had all the skins ect in the folder.can it be done without all the skins ect? sorry to put it easier what files do you need to have in system folder to make it work just for games...

10. lasic19

Newcomer lasic19 Newbie

Poland
    Hi!
    I've thisa same problem as readyrangers:
    "save file does not exist.creating save file....that is on the top screen when i pick a game to play.On the bottom screen it then says save data file format error.The micro card has been formatted any ideas as the first one i done was no problem? "
    my soft is 3.6 on 3.2 was everything ok but for example ninja gainden stuck during the play but on the 3.6 gema work fine but i have problem with new roms because DS won't create *.sav file and stuck on this moment.
    Thanks for help.