M3 Step by Step guide?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Da_maniaC, Jul 31, 2006.

Jul 31, 2006

M3 Step by Step guide? by Da_maniaC at 3:38 PM (804 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Da_maniaC
    OP

Newcomer Da_maniaC Member

Netherlands
    Hey there,

I'm new to these forums and i just ordered a NDS Lite Black this week.

My next step of course will be to buy a M3 adapter and a friend of mine only gave me little advise so far (the most important being to go to these forums) so there are still some questions from my part...

- He told me i should get the M3 CF Card version because GBA game support on CF Cards will be better, is this true or can i also use SD cards without any problem?

- Is there another guide that shows how to backup a GBA and NDS game onto your Card and how to make it boot on the NDS via the M3 adapter?

- I read a guide on these forums for using FlashMe and flashing the Nintendo DS. Can i use this firmware to replace the Passcard 3 that comes with the adapter as well? (or is it just for EZFlash etc?).

- What the flashing guide does not state is how to actually flash the NDS. Do i just put the rom onto the card and put this in my M3 adapter and boot up? Or do i need to execute some commands or something?

Thanks you for your help. [​IMG]

2. Da_maniaC
    OP

Newcomer Da_maniaC Member

Netherlands
    - double post.. oops. -

3. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    welcome to gbatemp da_maniac [​IMG]

the newer version of the m3 (m3 pro) does not support gba titles due to the fact that the people at M3 took out the nram to lower their costs and make the m3 more competitive in price to the other flash carts out on the market.

however, if you can find one of the older m3 carts in any of the following flavours (CF, SD or mini-SD), you should have no problems running gba as well as nds titles. check the thread >>here