M3 Simpy firmware lags behind

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Shebang, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Shebang
    OP

Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2007
    Belgium
    It really sucks that R4 is so much ahead of the m3 simply in terms of firmware releases. I thought that there was a new version for the simply forthcoming but the website doesn't say anything?

Shebang

2. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    That aint rly a problem tho since you can just patch your m3 kernal to use the latest r4 kernal.

3. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    what do you mean ahead? the R4DS hasn't had any firmware update for months now, so the M3 simply is the same, no difference.

4. amptor

amptor Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2003
    United States
    Why is it that the M3 product is suppose to be more highly esteemed than R4, when everyone knows that the R4 gets updates first lol. I like the M3 logos but umm some stuff doesn't make sense about the product.

5. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Every time the R4 gets an update, the Simply gets the same update two days later. The only time it took longer than that was the update that only added some skinning options, that one took a week.

The version numbers are different, but the loader is the same. M3 Simply loader v1.07 = R4 loader 1.11.

6. Shebang
    OP

Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2007
    Belgium
    The reason why I have a m3 simply is "simple": In Belgium there was just no R4 available at that time. Still I have the feeling that the R4 gets more support. And if it just the impression that M3 might pull out one day and R4 won't because it is their own device.

Shebang

7. CZroe

CZroe GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2007
    United States
    So who is the knock-off of who? I always assumed that R4 was the knock-off because "4 is greater than 3! Dur." Also, because M3 made other products under the M3 name without increasing the numbers for no reason. I have no idea why the G6 is "six" though. [​IMG] Is it to one-up the R4 guys and call them out if they make a "Z7" or some crap? [​IMG]

8. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    There is a reason the names of each team sounds so similar (*gasp* same company).

eg. Listerine, Listermint! Same product, different names, same company! Why do the names sound the same?

9. myuusmeow

myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Doesn't R4DS stand for Revolution for DS?

10. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Yes it does. It is just a smart choice of letters and numbers.