OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After spending 3 hours on reading review, and shopping, it appears that the M3 Simply is probably the best cart to get.

*I like the idea of M3's support versus the R4.
*I think that the construction of the EZV is dodgy, although seems great otherwise.
*Supercard seems to have more speed issues.
*DSX is just too expensive, plus I am sketched out by the foldout usb.
Plus thos LEDs attract unwanted attention IMHO.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have any reasons to get something other than the M3 simply?

Thanks,
~S

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I missing something? Does anyone have any reasons to get something other than the M3 simply?

R4
*Same thing
*Cheaper
*Faster updates

There ya go
wink2.gif

fitzbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 Simply, because thats what I have. Lol, I don't know about the faster updates bit however, considering Simply came out after R4 and has had 2 updates in the couple of weeks it's been out. What's it 5 or 10 bucks more? We're splitting hairs here are we fellas? Hehe..

bm_attar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last I checked on gamersection, both M3 and R4 had same price. M3 is the first flashcard I ever bought for my DS. and so far I only have good things to say about it.

And remember that with 99% or more compatibility for both M3 and R4, you don;t really expect BIG features in new updates. Last update for both cards merely added a soft reset functionality that allows you to press "R+L+X+Y+A+B" (which is really tricky when u try to do) while in a game to get out to the main GUI. Well, I don;t know about u, but I don;t give a damn about this feature. It's cool and all, but I don;t think I will use it much. I usually play one game at a time and when I am done I turn off my DS and go do something else.

My 2 cents.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
M3 Simply, because thats what I have. Lol, I don't know about the faster updates bit however, considering Simply came out after R4 and has had 2 updates in the couple of weeks it's been out. What's it 5 or 10 bucks more? We're splitting hairs here are we fellas? Hehe..
So because the M3 has the same amount of updates, but get them a little later, the 5 or 10 bucks more you pay for it don't mather...

I always thought that to justify a higher price you should sum up what makes the device better, not worse/same?

bm_attar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a new memeber on this forum, I also noticed that people get really religious about whatever card they use. They will defend it to death
smile.gif

As for the R4 updates coming out b4 M3 updates, I can argue that by getting your M3 updates few days later you get a better community-tested update
wink.gif

Codekingmss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like you guys haven't been to the m3 forums. They are the same thing. Made by the same company. In the same factory.

I just read a FAQ on how to convert one into the other.
(small amount of Soldering)

It's just a small firmware difference.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As a new memeber on this forum, I also noticed that people get really religious about whatever card they use. They will defend it to death
smile.gif

As for the R4 updates coming out b4 M3 updates, I can argue that by getting your M3 updates few days later you get a better community-tested update
wink.gif
Not necessarily true. From what I've seen of the R4 community, it's growing and prospering every day. I mean, take a look at the R4 subforum on this site. Nonetheless, you're getting the same exact thing. Price should be the only deciding factor since it's the same product. It's like, let's say McD's has a double cheeseburger for $1. Burger King offers the same exact cheeseburger for $1 more. The smart consumer choice would be to go for the McD's one. Now let's say they're the same price. Then it's really down to do you want the fucking King to sneak your burger over to you (The King = the win) or do you want it from Ronald? So if for some reason, you hate M3 because of a past experience, go for the R4. If you think you'll get better support and updates in the future and what not from M3 (despite R4's ownage so far) then go for it.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
smile.gif

wink.gif

I only have AceKard myself...
dry.gif

And your argument is bullshit, a R4 user can also wait if they want to, it's a choice of waiting you don't have for M3Simply, cause then you're forced to wait...
Also wtf should the updates be community tested for before, it's not like they're gonna suddenly make animal crossing incompatible or something. And if they do, I believe R4/M3Simply do allow you to downgrade?

I use an M3 and I can't recommend it. It lags like hell in many games.
You either have a bad cart or a hellofaslow microsd in it, cause with the right SD carts it shouldn't lag at all and the somewhat less recommended ones should only give problems in games like Castlevania: PoR afaik...

bm_attar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zeis said: I use an M3 and I can't recommend it. It lags like hell in many games

Hmmm. that seems suspecious! Given that none of M3 reviews mentioned that. I think that would be a problem with your flash card. And remember that M3/R4 are same hardware, so your complaint will apply to R4 as well.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

wink.gif

Not necessarily true. From what I've seen of the R4 community, it's growing and prospering every day. I mean, take a look at the R4 subforum on this site. Nonetheless, you're getting the same exact thing. Price should be the only deciding factor since it's the same product. It's like, let's say McD's has a double cheeseburger for $1. Burger King offers the same exact cheeseburger for $1 more. The smart consumer choice would be to go for the McD's one. Now let's say they're the same price. Then it's really down to do you want the fucking King to sneak your burger over to you (The King = the win) or do you want it from Ronald? So if for some reason, you hate M3 because of a past experience, go for the R4. If you think you'll get better support and updates in the future and what not from M3 (despite R4's ownage so far) then go for it.
1337 Post IMO

bm_attar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-> Not necessarily true
-> And your argument is bullshit

Agreed! Perhaps I was just defending my card of choice to death :-)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the R4. Even if the R4 updates stop its easy enough to turn it into an M3. The R4 updates seem to come before the M3 ones as well. At the end of the day though it doesn't matter which one you choose as they are the same cart.

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got an R4 and whole-heartedly recommend it. That said, the M3 is pretty much the same kit, so you can't go wrong with the M3 either. Of course, because R4 makes the M3 Simply, you can bet that every update will come out for the R4 first. That, and M3 may slow down even more with the updates to the M3 Simply once their next kit, M3 Real (I think?) comes out.

But hey, M3 Simply, R4... all the same stuff, you will be happy either way. Worst case scenario, you can bridge one connector and convert it to the other
smile.gif

fitzbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because the M3 has the same amount of updates, but get them a little later, the 5 or 10 bucks more you pay for it don't mather...

I always thought that to justify a higher price you should sum up what makes the device better, not worse/same?

Well, i did a quick look around, and I saw the R4 for $40 and $44.. I got my Simply for $45. When you factor in the amount of money you are not having to spend, 40 and 45 dollars is a completely insignificant amount, that's all i was saying. I mean if anyone is upset for paying 40-50 for something that allows them NOT to spend 20-40 a pop, well then, I don't know what to tell them.

thousand1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
i still don't see how people take in account r4 is MUCH more cheaper. i mean it's only by a few dollars and that varies from store to store.

zeis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zeis said: I use an M3 and I can't recommend it. It lags like hell in many games

Hmmm. that seems suspecious! Given that none of M3 reviews mentioned that. I think that would be a problem with your flash card. And remember that M3/R4 are same hardware, so your complaint will apply to R4 as well.

I use a SanDisk brand Card. And the problem with the lags in Games like Tony Hawk is wide-spread. Just take a look in the M3 section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1