Hacking m3 simply, some questions

ZuluEdison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousin just got a ds, and it looks like the m3 card is probably the easiest to use, so I plan on steering him in that direction. However I had a few questions.

every computer in his house is a mac. I read on the site that the card is completely drag and drop, so it shouldnt matter, correct?

I currently use an ez flash 4, and have to update the rom list every once in awhile, what needs to be updated on the m3?

thanks in advance, i really appreciate any help with these questions.

-sumner

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because the R4 makes the M3 Simply & their almost identical. And the R4 is cheaper plus gets it’s updates earlier I would get the R4 over the simply. But your cousin should have no problems with the R4 & his Mac. From time to time there will be firmware updates, & that just consists of dragging the new update on to the card. There really is no easier card out there.

living-ghost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a M3 simply and maintain it through Linux without issue so mac's should work just as well or better.

I even remember seeing something on here about someone making a dock application for dldi patching.

madwurmz.com

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in v1.06 DLDI Auto-patching is not working on my M3DS, though I don't care ..
Maybe it's me doing something wrong, but can't be bothered for the manual / instructions, cause I just patch myself.
Have tried with nitrotracker and phidias.

I use Mac OS without problems and sometimes windows (on Mac intel)
Mac DLDI patching is done with 'DLDI Drop' a nice app sitting in the dock.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :blush::shy::wink::evil: