m3 simply, some questions

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by ZuluEdison, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ZuluEdison
    OP

ZuluEdison Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    United States
    My cousin just got a ds, and it looks like the m3 card is probably the easiest to use, so I plan on steering him in that direction. However I had a few questions.

every computer in his house is a mac. I read on the site that the card is completely drag and drop, so it shouldnt matter, correct?

I currently use an ez flash 4, and have to update the rom list every once in awhile, what needs to be updated on the m3?

thanks in advance, i really appreciate any help with these questions.

-sumner

2. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
    Because the R4 makes the M3 Simply & their almost identical. And the R4 is cheaper plus gets it’s updates earlier I would get the R4 over the simply. But your cousin should have no problems with the R4 & his Mac. From time to time there will be firmware updates, & that just consists of dragging the new update on to the card. There really is no easier card out there.

3. living-ghost

living-ghost Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    Canada
    Kitchener, Ontario
    I have a M3 simply and maintain it through Linux without issue so mac's should work just as well or better.

I even remember seeing something on here about someone making a dock application for dldi patching.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    You don't need to do any DLDI patching for the R4/Simply anymore. DLDI auto-patching was added in Version 1.10 of the R4 loader (v1.06 of the Simply loader).

5. living-ghost

living-ghost Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    Canada
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Oh cool. Stupid school keeping me too busy to update my simply.

6. madwurmz.com

madwurmz.com Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    Netherlands
    in v1.06 DLDI Auto-patching is not working on my M3DS, though I don't care ..
    Maybe it's me doing something wrong, but can't be bothered for the manual / instructions, cause I just patch myself.
    Have tried with nitrotracker and phidias.

I use Mac OS without problems and sometimes windows (on Mac intel)
    Mac DLDI patching is done with 'DLDI Drop' a nice app sitting in the dock.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice