M3 Simply saves to Cyclo?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by ceelo, Mar 26, 2008.

1. ceelo
    OP

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    I just bought me a sweet ass CycloDs (waiting for it to come) but I have a quick question regarding saves and I havnt seen it on the boards (well, the first few pages anyway). Can I just drag and drop my saves from my M3DSSimply or do I need to use some sort of save converter? The reason why I ask is because both carts use .sav format so I wouldnt think I would have to convert. Thanks in advance!

2. TheNeck

TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States
    Southern California
    You have to convert them, just use this online site to convert your save files.

Edit

Sorry my mistake, i think you dont have to convert them since they are both sav files. But i could be wrong.

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    The filename extension doesn't matter. The R4/M3 Simply and the Cyclo Evo use 512KB raw saves, so they can use save files from each other, or any other flashcart that uses raw 512KB save files.

4. Fis2

Fis2 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    United States
    I made same change: from R4 to CycloDS, and all my old SAV files work fine in the new one.
    No need to convert them.

5. yus786

yus786 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2006
    Bradford
    im getting an m3ds real too and was wondering if il need to convert my saves??

yus786

6. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    The M3 and G6 Real both use 512KB raw saves, but they name them .0 instead of .sav. All you need to do is rename them and they should work.

If you have a lot of saves to rename you can do it automatically with this (Windows only): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1354

7. ceelo
    OP

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Thanks for the posts guys, really appreciate it!

8. Symbolic

Symbolic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    What about bringing TTDS savs to the Cyclo?

9. Szyslak

Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

Oct 31, 2006
    United States
    NY
    Same thing. You don't have to convert them. Just make sure the file names match up.