M3 Simply Moonshell SKIN or UPDATE?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by xtabx7, Jan 22, 2007.

Jan 22, 2007
  1. xtabx7
    OP

Newcomer xtabx7 Newbie

United States
    First post, love the forum, just got my m3 simply based on what you all said, so heres my question, how do i update the moonshell that came with the cd or even change the skin? i installed 1.6 and understand how toi skin that, but the multimedia button in the m3's OS no longer works. Pretty newb stuff i'm sure, but i would appreciate any help. THANKS!

2. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    Welcome to the forums. First and formost, become good friends with this part of the site (link). Secondly, I'll say that posts like this emphasize why we should turn the R4 forum into a "R4/M3 Simply" forum (or at least start stickying some guides). Third, I see you did figure out how to update and skin [​IMG] Looks like the reason (or what I'm assuming) the middle icon no longer boots moonshell is that you need to rename the .nds that the moonshell setup creates to "_DS_MSHL.NDS" That's my guess at least :/

3. xtabx7
    OP

Newcomer xtabx7 Newbie

United States
    thanks for the reply, i did try searching and found how to skin moonshell however, the moonshell that comes on the cd does not contain its own folder and when i changed the filename of the new moonshell .nds it did not boot

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT THANKS!

4. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
  5. xtabx7
    OP

Newcomer xtabx7 Newbie

United States
    it was my error i didnt realize that the shell folder that you copy over from the cd is the folder for moonshell 1.5 because when i installed 1.6 it is no longer called shell.