M3 Simply - Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story - Help!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by john9871, Dec 25, 2009.

1. john9871
    OP

Newcomer john9871 Member

United States
    I have an original M3 Simply ( Which is technically an R4) I created a YSMENU firmware with DSTT Unofficial 1.17a12, YSMenu0903270000, and R4sauto 0.02

I replacked dstt.7z that came with R4sauto with files from the Unoffical 1.17a12 firmware, Ran R4sauto batch file and created a replacement firmware. Stuck that firmware on M3 Simply. Placed Mario & Luigi Bower's Inside Story Rom at root. Turned on NDS and selected ROM and pressed A.

Everytime I run Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (eg. a clean rom without patch) I get stuck on the file selection screen and it just freezes with the music playing (I am unable to interact, with buttons and touch screen having no effect). I then tried the patch from XPA and it just gives me white screens upon launch.

Please Help! [​IMG]

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    get a new rom,make sure your extinfo.dat is in the ttmenu folder

3. john9871
    OP

Newcomer john9871 Member

United States
    Added extinfo.dat to TTMenu folder. (R4sauto doesn't add it.)

I have a rom with CRC32 of CCBEE01B

If this is wrong can some please post the CRC32 of one that they got working so I can find it.

Problem is still the same even after 5 different downloads from 5 different places. [​IMG]

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    That should be a good copy.

5. john9871
    OP

Newcomer john9871 Member

United States
    I have 5 different roms with the same CRC32 CCBEE01B just all with various names. I even tried to build a new firmware with older unofficial 1.17a07 but the outcome turned out the same.

I can't be the only one with this problem. I borrowed a friends M3 Simply and it acts the same as mine.

Running out of troubleshooting ideas! [​IMG] Help Me Please!

6. ivobhz

Newcomer ivobhz Advanced Member

Brazil
    also, did you use the modified R4Ysauto? because only the version 0.02 don't generate the ysmenu as the way you need. Check this out.

7. john9871
    OP

Newcomer john9871 Member

United States
    ivobhz,

Tried your dl link, built a new firmware and its the same outcome. I checked all the CRC32 from your files against the ones I originally used and they are the same.

8. ivobhz

Brazil
    damn, what the...? [​IMG]

let's see, for what you're saying, you're having problems with the AP of the game...the file that solves this problem is the extinfo.dat, so it only can be that!! but dunno what to do.. [​IMG]

also, you chose the M3 while making the ysmenu, right? and what rom version are you trying to play?

9. john9871
    OP

Newcomer john9871 Member

United States
    I was missing these files from TTMenu folder in firmware: extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat

It was my stupid mistake. I was packing the dstt.7z according to the package of the R4sauto 0.02 which only contained:
    system.ank, system.fon, system.u2l, system.l2u, ttreset.dat. When infact it needed those 3 mentioned above in addition.

Thank you all for your help! I can now play Mario& Luigi Bowser's Inside Story! [​IMG]

10. ivobhz

Brazil
    okay, at least the problem is solved. but if you have used the intact files in the link i gave above, you could have solved before, cause it contains the firmware files, you didn't need to repack a dstt.7z [​IMG]

11. snapback

Newcomer snapback Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi Is there any chance of uploading a zip of the files for putting onto my card please, been trying to go through loads of stuff to get things working properly. If you could I'd be amazingly grateful as I'm sure would be my little girl.

12. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    If you have a M3 Simply (Not any other M3), use Wood: http://filetrip.net/g25123666-Wood-R4.html