M3 Simply - Mario Kart and then.. Broken?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by wlc, Feb 8, 2007.

1. wlc
    OP

wlc Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2006
    United States
    I tried searching for this but didnt see it yet. I was trying to set up Wifi for Mario Kart DS, and went to "delete" one of the settings. The system froze. I restarted, and it gave me a SD/TF Card Error. I copied all my savs to my PC then.

[​IMG] I've since reformatted the card and put the data back on and it still doesn't work. It's a Kingston that has been working fine until I tried that. Has anyone experience this, or does anyone have anything to try?

2. Knab

Knab GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2006
    United States
    I had something like that happen on acww with my simply. after i saved and turned it off i restarted it and it would say nintendo and wouldnt go any farther. i restored my sav files that didnt work i finally deleted the rom, then unrar'd it and had to put it back on there.

after that it worked fine.

3. wlc
    OP

wlc Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2006
    United States
    weird. I wish mine would do that. I went so far as to even format the card.

4. suppachipmunk

suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    I think my M3 Simply died on me today. I just ordered it from Modchipstore.com on friday night, got it in the mail on Tuesday. Every time I try to load anything, it get stuck on the loading screen. I am sending it back in the morning.

I formatted 3 different cards in FAT & FAT32.
    I tried all 3 loader: v 1.00, 1.01, 1.02
    Tried it in 3 different DS Phat.

But all to NO success. Any comments would greatly be appreciated.

5. wlc
    OP

wlc Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2006
    United States
    Hey.. I got mine to that point now too -- it'll goto a black LOADING screen. I also tried taking the micro sd out of my camera and I get the same thing with the different memory

6. suppachipmunk

suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    yea, I just read a post on someone with the same problem on an R4 unit. here it is
    GBAtemp Forum - R4 issues and Gameyeeeah.com support
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=439...=0&#entry560254

I dunno what the problem is.
    I tried:

Kingston 1GB Taiwan
    Kingston 512MB Japan
    Sandisk 1GB Taiwan

Three DS units (All Phats)

I noticed that Modchipstore says that they will send the item back at MY expense if they feel it is not defective. What if that happens?

7. XANIKSE0

XANIKSE0 Banned

Banned
    Feb 12, 2007
    I tried searching for this but didnt see it yet. I was trying to set up Wifi for Mario Kart DS, and went to "delete" one of the settings. The system froze. I restarted, and it gave me a SD/TF Card Error. I copied all my savs to my PC then.

I've since reformatted the card and put the data back on and it still doesn't work. It's a Kingston that has been working fine until I tried that. Has anyone experience this, or does anyone have anything to try?