Hacking M3 Simply Isn't being recognised

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys i bought an M3 Simply a while back and i havent used either my DS or M3 cart for about a month and i went to use it today and it just loads straight to the main DS screen where i can choose to load a GBA game etc, i was using firmware version 1.02, so i upgraded to 1.04 Final and still had no luck, so i reformatted my sd card and still had no luck, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what the problem may be,
Thanks In Advance,
Vel

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's probably just dirty contacts. Try taking the M3 out and blowing into the slot on the DS. Also check for dirt or gunk or whatever on the M3's contacts. Removing and inserting the M3 a few times may also help.

It has nothing to do with the SD card, the M3 has to be detected first before it can try to read it.

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably just dirty contacts. Try taking the M3 out and blowing into the slot on the DS. Also check for dirt or gunk or whatever on the M3's contacts. Removing and inserting the M3 a few times may also help.

It has nothing to do with the SD card, the M3 has to be detected first before it can try to read it.
Cheers mate and thanks for the reply i didnt think it had anything to do with the sd card but thought id just format it to double check lol, yeah i just gave it some hardcore blowing (reminded me of the good old snes days lol) and its now working, thanks
biggrin.gif

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
I also have a version of this problem but it looks like my m3's connector pins have been eroded away, also when it does decide to work it will freeze. when it does get to work for at least a min, it reads my microsd like it's corrupted with awkward characters for folder titles. I think it's dead i just ordered an R4 though so i will just let it rest in peace with my two m3 cf's and my gbamp.
cry.gif
sleep.gif

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have a version of this problem but it looks like my m3's connector pins have been eroded away, also when it does decide to work it will freeze. when it does get to work for at least a min, it reads my microsd like it's corrupted with awkward characters for folder titles. I think it's dead i just ordered an R4 though so i will just let it rest in peace with my two m3 cf's and my gbamp.
cry.gif
Â
sleep.gif
Yeah well mines doing it again it happens whenever i remove the microSD (to add new games) or if i remove the actual cart itself can get it to work again if im persistant and keep trying for about 20mins...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol