M3 Simply Isn't being recognised

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Velocity, Apr 15, 2007.

Apr 15, 2007
  1. Velocity
    OP

Newcomer Velocity Member

United Kingdom
    Hey guys i bought an M3 Simply a while back and i havent used either my DS or M3 cart for about a month and i went to use it today and it just loads straight to the main DS screen where i can choose to load a GBA game etc, i was using firmware version 1.02, so i upgraded to 1.04 Final and still had no luck, so i reformatted my sd card and still had no luck, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what the problem may be,
    Thanks In Advance,
    Vel

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It's probably just dirty contacts. Try taking the M3 out and blowing into the slot on the DS. Also check for dirt or gunk or whatever on the M3's contacts. Removing and inserting the M3 a few times may also help.

It has nothing to do with the SD card, the M3 has to be detected first before it can try to read it.

3. Velocity
    OP

Newcomer Velocity Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers mate and thanks for the reply i didnt think it had anything to do with the sd card but thought id just format it to double check lol, yeah i just gave it some hardcore blowing (reminded me of the good old snes days lol) and its now working, thanks [​IMG]

4. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    ewww

5. Velocity
    OP

Newcomer Velocity Member

United Kingdom
    The cart wasnt complaining [​IMG]

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
  7. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

- Sam

8. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I also have a version of this problem but it looks like my m3's connector pins have been eroded away, also when it does decide to work it will freeze. when it does get to work for at least a min, it reads my microsd like it's corrupted with awkward characters for folder titles. I think it's dead i just ordered an R4 though so i will just let it rest in peace with my two m3 cf's and my gbamp. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Velocity
    OP

Newcomer Velocity Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah well mines doing it again it happens whenever i remove the microSD (to add new games) or if i remove the actual cart itself can get it to work again if im persistant and keep trying for about 20mins...