Hacking M3 Simply decreases battery length?

Bruinbaard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello ppl, A few weeks ago i bought a dslite and a m3 simply, in the books that where with the DS They say that the battery should last for like 19 hours but i hardly reach half of it with my M3, I don't know how it's with other games since i ain't got any
smile.gif
. So is it right that with the m3 my ds uses much more power??

Bruin

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't. You probably have your DS light on a higher setting, 19 hours is only for the very lowest and dimmest setting. Either that or a faulty battery, but I'm 99% sure it's the former.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the lowest setting, they say it lasts 15-19 hours. 15 for DS games, 19 for GBA. Those are theoretical maxes, assuming the battery is not worn and taking into consideration things like volume level and ambient temperatures, which can affect battery life. WiFi eats a lot of power too and will drastically shorten battery life.

Here's the complete breakdown:

DS lite battery life per brightness level:
Lowest Brightness: 15-19 hours
Second Brightness: 10-15 hours
Third Brightness: 7-11 hours
Maximum Brightness: 5-8 hours

Bruinbaard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ah like that now it's clear to me, thnx. I still got it on the standard brightness is that the max?

Oh i also found out how to change it now, never payed any attention to that little sun on the left corner
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Generally flashcards use more battery (perhaps something about the card always reading the microSD, even during sleep mode), so it's quite simple to explain the loss of battery life. It shouldn't be a huge difference though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end