M3 Simply Build quality

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by scmpoon, Feb 13, 2007.

Feb 13, 2007

M3 Simply Build quality by scmpoon at 7:49 AM (1,303 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. scmpoon
    OP

Newcomer scmpoon Newbie

Canada
    I've had a Supercard DS(ONE) and it sucked...didn't do enough research on my part, never knew they had such low quality control for different batches. Now I am planning on getting something better, something that won't crash, won't freeze, won't give me stupid white screens, won't give me bad-contact issues.

So guys, I wanna hear about M3 Simply's build quality, is it really consistent? Are they far better than Supercard DS(ONE) in terms of quality?

2. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    My understanding is that M3DSS and R4DS (which are effectively the same device) both have quite sturdy build quality. I've had not one problem with my R4DS yet!

3. Skeezo

Newcomer Skeezo Member

Australia
    Same here with my M3 Simply. [​IMG]

4. Modrak

Member Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    R4DS is the most awesome thing that could ever happen to the DS Scene [​IMG]
    Both hardware and software is well made, never crashed, all games work, fits the ds snugly (can't say that about supercard, that one is really tight fitting [​IMG] )

(yes, it did survive my mom tossing it against the floor...I play too much games, huh [​IMG] )

5. scmpoon
    OP

Newcomer scmpoon Newbie

Canada
    So I heard that there's also an old-batch problem with the M3 Simply. Is there one for the R4DS? Cause if there's absolutely none with the R4DS, then I"ll just get that instead. But I'm still kinda leaning towards the M3 right now, it looks better lol.

6. bladerx

Member bladerx GBAtemp Fan

Dominican Republic
    They are the same product, and the same spring problem was present on both brands.

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Nice built on m3 products for me since the beginning...same goes for the m3 simply/r4. The spring loaded mechanism they use is the same crappy one they used on the m3 lite...it just gets stuck some times but all you have to do is push it in a couple of times.

8. scmpoon
    OP

Newcomer scmpoon Newbie

Canada
    okok, thanks guys on the replies, I might consider getting the M3 Simply/R4DS. But also thinking of a slot2 cartridge at the moment, probably looking at a M3 lite.

9. Sentient

Newcomer Sentient Member

Sweden
    You might want to wait about 4 weeks or so, if you have the patience. The EZ-Flash team just released the EZ-V Tripple Pack (One slot-1 card with an Slot-2 expansion that enables you to play GBA games, use the expansion as an memory expansion for the DS Opera browser, and as a rumble pack). My intuition tells me that the M3 team will release something similar soon - i e the M3 DS Real.

10. scmpoon
    OP

Newcomer scmpoon Newbie

Canada
    Heh, yea, I was gonna wait it out for a bit, since I don't really want to spend much money at the moment... So this is a package with a slot-1 + slot-2 cartridge in one bundle you're talking about? Sounds interesting, I could really use the rumble feature and the extra ram expansion for my DS Lite [​IMG]

11. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The EZ-V GBA slot thingy does not have GBA RAM, it uses NOR flash memory instead. This will work quite well for GBA games, but DS homebrew that uses the GBA RAM (snezziDS for example) will not work with it.

M3 has stated that they may or may not include a GBA slot device with the M3 Real, but they haven't released any specs. If they do include the slot 2 thingy, I doubt the M3 Real will cost less than the $80 they charge for the M3 lite.