Hacking M3 Simply Bug??

milk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help-

I download the 09_20_08_CHEAT.DAT zip file from the cheats.gbatemp site and put it in the _system_ folder on my M3 DS Simply. Now cheats for the newer game Harvest Moon Island of Happiness are listed, but when I run the game it says "Unable to read data. Turn the power off and re-insert the game card" or something. In other words, it won't run.

How can I get it to run WITH the cheat files?

milk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did. A lot.

I'm sorry, did I miss something?
Seriously. I just need help. I'll do whatever I can.

So, does anyone know or not?
Or tell me where I can look?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey, ignore them..

Tell me, did your game worked before you updated the cheats?
Because newer games don't work on M3 Simply (or R4)..

There hasn't been a firmware update for few months, and it doesn't look lit it'll be at all..
So you might consider getting a new flashcart, but in the meantime, try running your game without soft-reset enabled!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its some kinda glitch with the USRCHEAT.dat file AFAIK as its problematic with R4 too recent cheat files don't appear to be compatible with the R4/M3 SIMPLY for some reason or other??

guessing something to do with HARVEST MOON Island of Happiness cheats ... it messed up my G/F's save game totally and then refused to let it load at all??

the fix was to downgrade the cheat file again to the previous one it worked with a later update then broke again .. guessing when new cheats are added to HARVEST MOON I.O.H it breaks it again ?!?!

and for the record ... R4 runs H.M.I.O.H. just fine without patching or anything ... so I know its not the rom or the R4 card that's at fault!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Since the M3 Simply is just a rebranded R4 wich uses the same firmware as the R4, I also suggest you use YSMenu. Its way better than the R4/M3 Simply firmware which aren't being updated anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...