Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yoh
happy.gif

I was just wondering, since the review didn't really cover this, how well does the M3 DS Simply perform when it comes to playing music and movies and how easy is it to put a couple of songs on it or convert an episode of say Family Guy and then watch it on your DS?

Thanks
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend using the DS for music and videos.
The speakers suck and the screen is so small - why would you want to watch a video on it?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What about the "full installation" file that I saw was offered @ M3's website? I suppose it's useful for something mentioned here?
happy.gif

Edit: I'm not going to use it as a media player myself but have friends (and customers) asking for details about it
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend using the DS for music and videos.
The speakers suck and the screen is so small - why would you want to watch a video on it?
The Phat's speakers are better than the Lite's, but even then you can just use headphones to get good audio quality. I use my DS as my mp3 player pretty much every day since I don't have a dedicated mp3 player. And it's a great way to show a quick video clip to friends. Not ideal for long movies of course, but good for quick clips.

For converting video files, you have a few options. The first is DPGTools, which comes with the Moonshell package you download from the Moonshell homepage. The latest version is 13, and files created with it require Moonshell 1.7x or newer. Another option is BatchDPG, though it's hard to find the latest version to use and it requires additional programs to be installed as well, though it provides many options for creating low-size high-quality files. Another option is the SUPER converter, which is probably about as easy as DPGTools to use. Files created with BatchDPG and SUPER require Moonshell 1.6x or higher to run.

There's also DPGmux, which works incredibly quickly but in my experience it requires a much larger filesize for the same video quality as the other programs.

I'll refer you to an excellent Moonshell guide that should help: http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=11437.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.