m3 SD wont play games over 4mb

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by sodtiwaz, Jun 3, 2007.

Jun 3, 2007

m3 SD wont play games over 4mb by sodtiwaz at 3:55 PM (1,051 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. sodtiwaz
    OP

Newcomer sodtiwaz Newbie

United States
    every game i have thats 4mb will play fine, anything 8 or 16 wont work. i'm trying to play gba files on a gba sp if that helps the troubleshoot. also wiki was down for me last time i tried to go there and search wont work due to too few characters in m3...

2. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Is it an M3 Perfect or an M3 Pro? M3 Pros cannot play GBA games. Didn't the shop you bought it from specify this?
    Which shop did you buy it from?

- Sam

3. sodtiwaz
    OP

Newcomer sodtiwaz Newbie

United States
    the shop was consolesource i think....they said it would play gba games but it doesnt specify that i can tell...

just found the invoice and it says pro...now that i know i'm a moron for buying the wrong card and they suck for saying it will do something it obviously doesn't....is there any way to change it via soldering or whatever? also why would it play 4mb and less but not 8 and 16?

4. shinji257

Member shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

United States
    Because the difference is because the Pro version has less memory than the Perfect version. Therefore compatibility is severely impacted on the Pro version when trying to play GBA games. It is more appropriately used for homebrew software. If you need to tell the difference and it doesn't specify then price is a good indicator. The Perfect version went for about $70 when I got mine. You can also tell by the pictures. Here is a link to the US store for Gameyeeeah. I ordered mine from there and it is the Perfect version. It has a picture of the Perfect version so you can see what it looks like.

http://us.gameyeeeah.com/m3-lite-adapter-p-9.html

5. sodtiwaz
    OP

Newcomer sodtiwaz Newbie

United States
    the problem is i'm playing on a GBA sp not a DS so most of the cards i saw wont fit....or am i wrong?

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    just get the normal m3 minisd and stay away from the cheap 'pro' version.

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    (Edited cuz I'm being blind, don't mind me)
    If I'm right you brought this: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...ter-p-2475.html
    when actually you needed this: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...ion-p-2541.html
    It's confusing because the pictures for each product are all identical, it's taken me about 15 minuites to try and suss out which is (probably) the right one.

If you brought it recently shoot them an email and ask if they'll consider an exchange (you'd have to pay the difference) or a return. Worst they can do is say no.

8. sodtiwaz
    OP

Newcomer sodtiwaz Newbie

United States
    both items are the same card the only difference is one comes with a passkey, which i dont need for my gba. but i'll call them and see whats going on...

9. ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    No?^ They show the same picture, but it's very very different.